Demi Moore devastated to lose Linda Lovelace role
Demi Moore was devastated to lose her role in Lovelace, according to the film's producers.
The 49-year-old actress, who has been replaced by Sarah Jessica Parker in the role of feminist Gloria Steinem in the movie about real-life porn actress Linda Lovelace, is said to have cited a personal crisis for pulling out of the movie appearance after being hospitalised last week, the film's producers claim.According to People magazine, Heidi Jo Markel, who is producing Lovelace with Jim Young and Laura Rister said that the actress was devastated to lose her role.
"It was a shock and a concern for all of us," Contactmusic quoted Markel as saying.
"We got a call from [Moore's representative] on Tuesday morning and said, 'There's been a personal crisis and we need to let you know that.' And we were clueless. We had no idea what it entailed. We just knew she was out, that there was probably a health concern, and to move on," she added.
While the producers were shocked by the news of Moore's hospitalization they say her health is more important and they fully understand why she backed out for her own personal reasons.
Moore was rushed to the Sherman Oaks Hospital last Monday evening where she was treated for exhaustion after suffering a seizure at a birthday party she was hosting at her home.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.