...
...
Next Story

2 dead as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad's Madhapur, rescue underway

Emergency response teams arrived at the scene after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Hyderabad. The rescue operations are underway.

Updated on: Aug 22, 2026, 16:55:49 IST
Advertisement

Two people were killed, and several others sustained injuries after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad, on Saturday, police said.

According to police officials, the rescue operations are currently underway after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed. (Representative Image (File Photo/PTI))
According to police officials, the rescue operations are currently underway after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed. (Representative Image (File Photo/PTI))

Emergency response teams, including local police and rescue personnel, arrived at the scene shortly after the incident to clear the debris and rescue individuals trapped underneath.

Also Read | Dilapidated building collapses mid-demolition in Capital, one dead

According to police officials, the rescue operations are currently underway.

"An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar. So far, two people have lost their lives. Rescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progress. We will provide more details later," a police official said.

Also Read | 10 injured as MMRDA crane collapses at under-construction site in Mumbai’s Kurla

"In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four months. They recently restarted the construction work illegally. The cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse," Gandhi said.

Also Read | Saidulajab building collapse: Illegal additions, basement excavation weakened structure, chargesheet says

Gandhi further said, "People must understand the risks of illegal constructions. Some people are profiting through such illegal constructions. Many such illegal constructions are going on in Serilingampally. We are seizing buildings, but they are not following the norms. A similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again," he added.

Further details are awaited.

 
Get the latest India News, breaking headlines and real-time updates from across the country. Stay informed about politics, government policies, crime, weather major national developments and Karnataka Bandh LIVE.
Get the latest India News, breaking headlines and real-time updates from across the country. Stay informed about politics, government policies, crime, weather major national developments and Karnataka Bandh LIVE.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Hindustantimes wants to start sending you push notifications. Click allow to subscribe