Highlights: Protesting farmers to block KMP Expressway on March 6
- Protest enters Day 96, stalemate continues between protesting farmers' unions and Centre.
Farmers’ protests have entered Day 96 on Monday with neither sides backing down from their stance. Farmer leader from Bharatiya Kisan Union Rakesh Tikait will hold a public rally at Udham Singh Pur in Uttarakhand. The farmer leader has kicked off his series of mega rallies where he also plans to visit the southern states of Telangana and Karnataka to rally support in favour of repeal of farm laws.
He also asked farmers on Sunday to keep their ‘tractors ready’ as they may have to march towards New Delhi at any moment. Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal also visited Meerut on Sunday to announce his support for the agitation staged by farmers. Keeping in view AAP’s target to expand their base in Uttar Pradesh, the chief minister of Delhi also said that if AAP comes to power in UP it will announce widespread reforms for farmers.
Follow LIVE updates here:
Follow all the updates here:
MAR 01, 2021 11:26 PM IST
Deployment of CAPF companies in Haryana extended till March 10
The ministry of home affairs on Monday extended the deployment of 30 Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) in Haryana till March 10 due to the ongoing farmers' agitation.
MAR 01, 2021 11:01 PM IST
Ministry of home affairs extends CAPF deployment in Haryana till March 10
Amid the ongoing farmers stir against three farm laws, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has extended deployment of 30 Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) in Haryana till March 10, reports ANI.
MAR 01, 2021 10:32 PM IST
BKU President slams govt over rising fuel prices
MAR 01, 2021 09:54 PM IST
Numerous Mahapanchayats scheduled across country in March, says farmers' union
The month of March will witness numerous Mahapanchayats across the country including in Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, West Bengal and Odisha said the Samyukt Kisan Morcha.
MAR 01, 2021 09:17 PM IST
Protesting farmers to block KMP Expressway on March 6: Samyukt Kisan Morcha
Protesting farmers will block the Kundli–Manesar–Palwal Expressway on March 6, a Samyukta Kisan Morcha leader said on Monday, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 08:56 PM IST
Uttar Pradesh Kisan Mazdoor Morcha begins protest in villages
Villages in Uttar Pradesh on Monday started the new phase of protest against the farm laws under the banner of Uttar Pradesh Kisan Mazdoor Morcha."In the first phase, five people in every village will agitate and make their point known to the Prime Minister," the farm laborer union's tweet, roughly translated from Hindi, read.
MAR 01, 2021 08:17 PM IST
R-Day violence: Delhi Court grants bail to man, says no specific role
A Delhi court Monday granted bail to a man in a case related to the violence on Republic Day during farmers' tractor parade against the Centre's three new agri laws, saying no specific role has been assigned to him, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 07:51 PM IST
New laws not address farmers' problems: Governor in Punjab assembly
The Budget session of the Punjab Assembly began on a stormy note with opposition Akali Dal and AAP raising slogans during the address by the Governor, who said the new central farm laws do not address the problem of farmers' "stagnating incomes", reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 07:08 PM IST
Farm labourers protesting in Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh
MAR 01, 2021 06:41 PM IST
Congress' Navjot Singh Sidhu calls for legislations against farm laws
Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu on Monday urged the State Government of Punjab to bring in legislations that can negate the effects of the Centre's three new farm laws, reports ANI.
MAR 01, 2021 06:01 PM IST
Protesting farmers in vulnerable age group refuse to get vaccinated
Protesting farmer leaders in the vulnerable age group Monday said they are not afraid of coronavirus and won't take vaccine jabs, even as the second phase of vaccination drive got underway to inoculate senior citizens and those above 45 with underlying medical conditions, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 05:27 PM IST
Opposition to get even fewer seats if continued misguiding farmers: Goyal
Railways Minister Piyush Goyal on Monday said if the opposition continues to "misguide" farmers, it will end up getting even fewer seats in the next Lok Sabha election, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 04:48 PM IST
SAD MLAs raise slogans against farm laws on first day of Budget session
Shiromani Akali Dal legislators raised slogans during the governor's address to the Punjab Assembly on the first day of the Budget Session on Monday, protesting against the Centre's three farm laws, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 04:18 PM IST
Centre's silence indicates its planning steps against farmers' protest: BKU leader Tikait
BKU leader Rakesh Tikait has claimed that the Centre’s "silence" for the past few days indicates that it is planning some steps against the farmers' agitation over newly enacted agriculture laws, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 03:26 PM IST
Punjab Assembly pays tribute to farmers who died during protest
The Punjab Assembly on Monday paid tributes to the farmers who died during the ongoing agitation against the Centre's farm laws, reports PTI.
MAR 01, 2021 02:26 PM IST
Prime Minister Modi says contract farming has potential to increase farm incomes
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that modernisation of the agri sector is the need of the hour and said that contract farming has the potential to bolster farmers' incomes. Read more here.
MAR 01, 2021 02:19 PM IST
Jayant Chaudhary holds rally in Rajasthan
The Rashtriya Lok Dal leader held a Kisan Mahapanchayat in Rajasthan's Churu to garner support for the repeal of the farm laws.
MAR 01, 2021 12:30 PM IST
Lack of APMC hurt Bihar's farmers: BKU Ugrahan wing
BKU's Ugrahan-wing said that due to lack of APMC in Bihar farmers are also facing fluctuations in crop prices.
MAR 01, 2021 12:27 PM IST
PM says farmers should have more options to sell their yields
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that farmers need more options in terms of marketplaces to sell their yields.
MAR 01, 2021 12:10 PM IST
PM Narendra Modi said that the private sector needs to enter agri sector
PM Modi on Monday said that private industries also need to enter the research and development sector in agri sector.
MAR 01, 2021 08:49 AM IST
Farmer leader travels to Uttarakhand to garner support
Rakesh Tikait, BKU leader, is gearing to address more than 15 rallies later this month to garner support for the farm laws. He is scheduled to address a rally at Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand later today.
Get our daily newsletter
- No authority must attach oxygen vehicles passing through their state/district to make specific supplies in their area
- The Delhi government estimated the city will need around 700 MT of oxygen a day.
- The order said its focus areas at this time were the supply of medical oxygen, essential medicines, the method and manner of vaccination, and the declaration of lockdowns to check the spread of the disease.
- The seven-day average of new cases in the country now stands at 264,838 infections a day.
- So far, seven state governments have declared that they will provide free vaccines.
- According to a White House statement, Biden’s move to upgrade the country’s NDCs on Thursday will steer the world towards achieving the Paris agreement goal of limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees C.
- Party members remember him as soft-spoken, humble, and always ready to help those in need.
- According to the police, the Swift Dzire car that rammed the rickshaw was driven by Gaurav Batra, an assistant director with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Metropolitan magistrate Sahil Gupta allowed the application in which the police claimed that in order to authenticate the voice of the accused in several videos (Facebook live, TV interviews, etc), it was necessary to match his voice with the ones in the video clippings.
- Sonia Gandhi questioned how the same vaccine manufactured by SII could have three different prices.
- The apex body, in a communication sent on Monday, said it had observed from proposals received by the commission for vigilance clearances that complaints against employees often stay on their vigilance profiles without any further movement.