News updates from Hindustan Times: Covid-19 free certificate mandatory at Sabarimala and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Covid-19 free certificate mandatory for pilgrimage at Sabarimala
The Lord Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala in Kerala opened for the two-month-long annual pilgrimage season on Sunday evening. The new head priest took charge on the opening day but pilgrims will be allowed to trek to the hilltop shrine from Monday morning. Read more
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Adityanath along with his Uttarakhand counterpart Trivendra Singh Rawat reached Kedarnath on Sunday afternoon to attend Monday’s ceremony for closing of the portals of the shrine. Read more
Mayawati names new UP BSP chief, signals strategy for 2022 polls
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) president Mayawati, on Sunday, named Bhim Rajbhar as the party’s Uttar Pradesh unit president with an eye on other backward castes (OBC) votes in the 2022 assembly election. Read more
Lewis Hamilton lets tears flow as he clinches record 7th F1 title
After winning a difficult race to equal Michael Schumacher’s record of seven Formula One championships on Sunday, the hardest thing for Lewis Hamilton was containing his emotions. Read more
Children bullied in school are likely to develop violent behaviour in future: Study
It is likely that the children who went through bullying in school, may develop a violent behaviour in later years of their lives, as per the findings of a new study led by scientists at the University of Cordoba and the University of Cambridge. Read more
Inside Siddhant Chaturvedi’s Diwali bash: Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday party with team of Shakun Batra’s next
Siddhant Chaturvedi has finally shared a glimpse of the Diwali bash he hosted at his residence on Friday. It was attended by the team members of his upcoming film being directed by Shakun Batra. Deepika Padukone and Ananya Panday also partied with the Gully Boy actor. Read more
After Ladakh child’s salute goes viral, ITBP honours Nawang: Watch him march
The Indo Tibetan Border Police honoured 5-year-old Nawang Namgyal from Chushul, Ladakh. A video of the child saluting passing soldiers went viral in October. ITBP had tweeted about the ‘enthusiastic kid’ saluting with ‘high josh’. Watch here
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Legislative Council chairman has asked the principal secretary to submit a report on the issue within seven days after a Congress member objected to the installation of Savarkar’s portrait in the Council picture gallery.
- A magisterial inquiry has been ordered in the matter, said the collector. Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also expressed his condolence after hearing about the accident.
- Police have not registered any case in this regard and said that they will record the women's statement on Thursday before launching an investigation.
- The Biden administration has signalled that it sees China as the main challenge and that it will work to enhance the partnership with India, including working together to ensure an open and secure Indo-Pacific.
- The police filed the charge sheet in the case on December 16, 2020 and charges were framed on December 24, 2020
- The BJP chief had a word of appreciation for the party workers in West Bengal, Jammu and Kashmir and Kerala where he said they have to work “under very adverse circumstances”.
- The petition styled as a public interest litigation (PIL) was filed by a Secunderabad resident Dumpala Ramreddy who was upset over his daughter being kept in an ashram run by a self-styled godman based in Delhi.
- The group of men who demolished the toilet complex are said to be right-wing activists who were upset that it was built near a temple.
- The Uttarakhand forest department had declared leopard a man-eater on January 9.
- At a rally in Hooghly district, Suvendu Adhikari alleged that the TMC did not allow district administration to count the votes in 16 electronic voting machines (EVM) in the Arambagh Lok Sabha constituency in 2019.
- Sharad Pawar said that his party was looking to form an anti-BJP alliance ahead of the Goa assembly election early next year.
- The scheme was part of the BJP-led government’s budget speech in 2017-18, but instead of benefitting 100,000 young men as planned it managed to get only around 7,000 beneficiaries due to lack of adequate support from banks.