News updates from Hindustan Times: Flood-relief food kits provided by Rahul Gandhi found abandoned in Wayanad and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Flood relief kits given by Rahul Gandhi found abandoned in his constituency Wayanad
Thousands of flood-relief food kits provided by Congress MP from Wayanad (north Kerala) Rahul Gandhi were found abandoned in a vacant shop in Nilambur in Malappuram district. The “criminal waste” triggered widespread criticism from many quarters including local residents and Left leaders. Read more
Digital gadgets and platforms are stealing your time, says PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that digital platforms and tech gadgets are stealing our time and we must assign some time for ourselves. The prime minister was speaking at the event held to celebrate the Centennial Foundation Day of Lucknow University where he unveiled Rs 100 commemorative coin. Read more
Jagan Reddy launches interest-free loans scheme for Andhra street vendors
The YSR Congress Party government in Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday launched yet another welfare scheme - Jagananna Thodu (Brother Jagan’s support) - aimed at providing interest-free loans to small traders and street vendors in the state. Read more
20-year-old woman abducted, raped for 14 days in man’s captivity in Kota jungle: Police
A 20-year-old woman has accused a man of abducting and raping her for 14 days while keeping her in his captivity in a jungle near Mandana town of Kota district, police said on Wednesday. In her complaint lodged at the Anta police station in neighbouring Baran district, the woman said she was able to approach the police after her father managed to rescue her from the 22-year-old man’s captivity on November 22. Read more
COVAXX gets supply deals worth $2.8 billion for potential Covid-19 vaccine
COVAXX, a unit of United Biomedical Inc, said on Thursday it has received purchase commitments totaling $2.8 billion to deliver more than 140 million doses of its potential Covid-19 vaccine to developing countries, including Brazil, Peru and Ecuador. Read more
Kangana Ranaut lauds Jallikattu as India’s official entry at Oscars 2021, says ‘movie mafia gang is hiding in their houses’
Kangana Ranaut applauded the decision to send Malayalam film Jallikattu as India’s official entry for the Best International Feature Film category at the 93rd Academy Awards. She called it the result of the scrutiny that the Bollywood ‘mafia’ is being subjected to and suggested that they were unable to tilt the scales in their favour through lobbying. Read more
Boy writes to Santa, asks if God ‘loves him for being gay’. Tweet will leave you emotional
Writing letters to Santa is a Christmas tradition loved by thousands of children. In fact, United States Postal Service (USPS), each year, also runs a special program called the Operation Santa. In this, kids from all over America write to Santa about their wishes. Read more
Best looks of Sara Ali Khan fashionably twinning with mother Amrita Singh that will take you on a trip down memory lane
Sara Ali Khan’s wardrobe is one of the most enviable when it comes to Gen-Z Bollywood stars and star kids, and she experiments with her traditional looks with as much ease as she does her gowns and hot shorts. Read more
Watch: Coast Guard ship on alert as Cyclone Nivar approaches; NDRF DG briefs
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.
- The girl claims that the college has withheld her diploma certificate for non-payment of dues.