News updates from Hindustan Times: PM Modi to deliver keynote address at USIBC Summit on economic revival and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PM Modi to address high-profile USIBC Summit on economic revival after Covid-19
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver the keynote address at the India Ideas Summit on Wednesday, news agency ANI reported quoting a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). The summit is being hosted by US-India Business Council. Read more
Oxford Covid-19 vaccine’s first human trial shows promise, more phases underway
The next phase of the clinical trials of the experimental vaccine being developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca against the coronavirus disease will see if the immune response seen in the early stages protects against Covid-19. Read more
Covid-19: Bahamas bans American tourists to prevent further virus spread
The Bahamas, that is heavily dependent on tourism, reopened their borders earlier this month amid the coronavirus pandemic. However, since reopening, the Bahamas has had 49 new coronavirus cases, according to an AFP report. Read more
‘One-sixth of world population knew my name’: When umpire Daryl Harper gave Sachin ‘shoulder before wickets’ out
By 1999, the Indian team was synonymous with Sachin Tendulkar. Indian cricket fans from around the world would remain glued to the television sets every time Tendulkar would step out on to the field. Read more
Zoom to open a new technology centre in Bangalore
Zoom on Tuesday announced it will open a new technology centre in Bangalore. The company will also hire “key talents” over the next few years. Read more
Shashi Tharoor shares artist’s meaningful advice designed with book titles
Thiruvananthapuram MP Shashi Tharoor recently took to Twitter to share a post. It’s an image which has a coronavirus-related meaningful advice. Read more
Covid-19: Oxford vaccine shows promising results, prompts immune response
Hindustan Times’ National Political Editor, Sunetra Choudhury brings you the top stories you need to know. Sunetra talks about the number of covid-19 cases in India so far, Oxford’s Astra Zeneca vaccine, China’s vaccine candidate, Satyendar Jain’s recovery. Watch the full video for more. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A statement form the Rajasthan Chief Minister's Office cited rising Covid-19 cases in the neighbouring states for the decision to insist on negative Covid reports for visitors.
- The woman who suspected foul play, checked the accused's Facebook account and found out that he was regularly chatting with another woman, who turned out to be his wife.
- It was the second Maoist attack in the last two days in Chhattisgarh.
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) asked the petitioner's lawyer to compile a list of similarly placed officers of the Indian armed forces still languishing in Pakistani jails.
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage