News updates from Hindustan Times: Rajnath Singh to perform Shastra Puja with soldiers in Sikkim on Sunday and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Rajnath Singh to perform Shastra Puja with soldiers in Sikkim on Sunday
Defence minister Rajnath Singh will perform Shastra Puja - worshipping of weapons - on then occasion of Dussehra on Sunday with the soldiers of the Indian Army. Singh will perform the puja with one of the local units deployed in Sikkim near the China border. Read more
‘Not anti-national or religious fight’: J&K mega alliance vows to expose ‘lies’
Members of the People’s Alliance for Gupkar Declaration held a meeting in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar on October 24. The meeting was held at PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti’s residence, and attended by her former rivals Farooq and Omar Abdullah. Watch here
Watch: Donald Trump casts early vote, repeats mail-in fraud charge | US polls
US President Donald Trump cast an early vote ahead of elections. Trump voted at a library serving as a polling centre in Florida. Trump was seen wearing a mask which he removed during media briefing. Watch here
Tweet on ‘pets’ people want but can’t have sparks an interesting thread
Every now and then, YouTube India takes to Twitter to share all sorts of posts. Ranging from funny to emotional, their tweets are varied and thoroughly entertaining. Just like this share which details the pets that people may want but can’t have. Read more
Many happy returns: As more ancient artefacts make their way home, a look at a top 10
For hundreds of years, India has been losing ancient artefacts to theft, foreign invasion and colonisation. Some of these artefacts are nearly 2,000 years old. Many have ended up in private collections; some sit on display in museums around the world. Read more
Footfairy movie review: Gulshan Devaiah-starrer murder mystery aims big, achieves little
Footfairy, with the unfortunate rhyming with tooth fairy, is a rather straightforward story of a monstrous ‘fairy’ who takes away only the most beautiful feet it finds. After killing the unfortunate victim first, of course. Read more
Joe Root names the ‘most complete player’ in Virat Kohli, Steve Smith and Kane Williamson trio
Kohli often faces comparisons from former Australia captain Steve Smith, New Zealand captain Kane Williamson and England captain Joe Root - who all together are regarded as ‘The Big four’ of cricket. Read more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In January this year, Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde ruled out any reopening of courts for the present.
- The chargesheet was filed on Friday before a special NIA court against the accused persons-Bishnu Narzary, Nitul Daimary and Runiluish Daimary under several sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Indian Penal Code and Arms Act.
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- The central government has also rushed high-level multi-disciplinary public health teams to Maharashtra and Punjab in view of the increase in the number of daily new Covid-19 cases being reported by these states.
- Nearly half or 366 out of 777 MPs are eligible for Covid-19 vaccines in the category of elderly people. 47% of MPs are above sixty years of age and meet the criteria for elderly people who can get vaccinated in the current phase.
- There are more than 3.2 million ex-servicemen (ESM) in the country, and many of them have been waiting to get vaccinated at service hospitals.