Road and air transport deliver 11 mn doses of Covishield vaccines across India
Through fair and road transport collectively, a total of 11 million doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca's Covishield vaccine produced at Serum Institute of India (SII), Pune, were delivered on Tuesday, according to Serum officials.
There is no movement expected on the road on Wednesday, according to Pune airport authorities and a private logistics firm.
"What the firm is left with are 9,000 vials, as part of purchase order placed by the Centre," SII said in a statement. These 9,000 vials contain 90,000 doses.
The vaccines were delivered to Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Patna, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Shillong, Vijayawada, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, by air. Of the nine flights which carried the load from Pune, eight left in the morning while one left in the evening.
The vials were carried to the airport in three trucks that left Serum at 5 am. Two trucks belonged to SII while one belonged to a company to which the major road transport has been outsourced.
Later in the evening, 6 more trucks left from Serum for Mumbai city, Mumbai airport, Surat, Baroda, Jhansi, and Belgaum, according to Kunal Agarwal, Co-founder of Koolex Cold Chain Solutions Pvt Ltd which provided the road movement support to Serum.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On October 29 last year, the top court had stayed a direction passed on October 20 by the Delhi High Court directing 2,318 undertrial prisoners to surrender in a phased manner.
- Deputy leader of the Congress in the Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma, accused the party’s Bengal president and Lok Sabha member Adhir Ranjan Chowdury of diluting the party’s core ideology and the secularism by allying with Abbasuddin Siddiqui’s Indian Secular Front (ISF).
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.