Section 144 of CrPC imposed in parts of Bhopal
Restrictions under Section 144 of CrPC have been imposed in Hanuman Ganj, Teela Jamalpura and Gautam Nagar police stations in Bhopal as district administration aims to prevent communal clash over a property dispute, Avinash Lavania, District Collector of Bhopal said on Sunday.
Speaking to ANI, Lavania said, "Two families belonging to different communities were fighting a case over a property dispute for years. The verdict of the court is expected to be pronounced today and it is most likely to favour one community. So, to avoid any form of clash, we have imposed restrictions under Section 144 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) in Hanuman Ganj, Teela Jamalpura and Gautam Nagar areas in Bhopal."
Irshad Wali, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) in Bhopal told ANI, "Hanuman Ganj, Teela Jamalpura and Gautam Nagar police stations in Bhopal have been informed about the restrictions. Section 144 will stay into place until further orders."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India China row: Jaishankar presented his diagnosis of the hurdles to the normal resumption of bilateral ties in his conversation with Wang Yi, and the steps needed to turn back the clock.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Meghalaya home minister said around 15-20 masked persons were involved in the attack on the labourers.
- Plea seeking contempt action against Maharashtra officials over killing of tigress Avni withdrawn
- IMD had predicted there could be heavy rains at some places on February 25 and 26, causing a possible disruption in flights on February 26th from Srinagar.