BJP worker stabbed to death, one injured in attack in Kannur
A BJP worker was stabbed to death and another sustained serious injuries on Thursday when unidentified men attacked them near Kuthuparamba, about 35 km from Kannur, police said.
N Pramod (33) succumbed to injuries while his party colleague Prakash (33) is being treated at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Cooperative Hospital at nearby Thalassery with serious injuries, they said.
The duo, said to be construction workers, were attacked at Mooryaad around 0730 hours as they were proceeding to their work place, police said, adding, the identity of the attackers could not be established immediately.
Senior police officials have rushed to the spot to prevent any untoward incident, they said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The tragedy reportedly took place when an excavator was digging a drain near the boundary wall of the school.
- The Iranian embassy said it "strongly repudiates any unsubstantiated allegations or irresponsible comments in this regard and considers them as steps towards realising the sinister intentions of the enemies of Iran-India relations”.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.
- The report said that closing of schools, economic stress, parental deaths and pregnancies due to the coronavirus pandemic could increase the risk of child marriage.
- On Monday, Odisha reported 668 large forest fires.
- The 13th floor houses the accounts office of the Eastern Railways.