Swine flu claims one more victim in Rajasthan, toll reaches 12
The dreaded swine flu has claimed one more life in Rajasthan, taking the death toll in the state to 12 since April 1.
A 65-year-old man Sua succumbed to the disease at JLN hospital in Ajmer Sunday, a state medical and health report said Monday.
Of these 12 swine flu related deaths in the state, three persons each died in Ajmer and Jaipur, and one victim each in Bhilwara, Rajsamand, Jodhpur, Nagaur, Bikaner and Pali, the report said.
Deceased included six each of men and women, all aged between 26 and 65 years.
Of the 156 suspected H1N1 patients who have been shifted to various government and private hospitals in the state, 23 tested positive.
Eleven swine flu afflicted patients were discharged after recovery from the hospitals.
The 130 patients with negative H1N1 report have been discharged from hospitals after effective treatment, sources said.
Swine flu affects human population after monsoon rains under high humidity after August, but this year due to frequent squall and rains since April, the dreaded virus crept in the atmosphere, the health department officials conjectured.
Three more swine flu suspected patients were being treated in private hospitals in Jaipur, and one in Udaipur, they said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The brother of the man stuck in Kuwait, said the employer even used to beat his brother and threaten not to let him ever return to India.
- Several experts said that full-scale resumption of economic activity, near full people movement and laxity in compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour are reasons behind the recent spurt in cases.
- Protestors are staging a dharna with the woman’s body outside the sub divisional officer’s office in Bhinmal. They said they would not accept her body till the minor girl was rescued.
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.