Music, theatre, food: Best of Mumbai this weekend in 10 events
Friday, September 30th
1) Music: Party Marathon: The first edition of a new series of gigs, Wicked Weekends, will see performances by Madboy/Mink and Nicholson. Put on your dancing shoes.
Where: Raasta, 5th Road, Ram Krishna Nagar, Khar (W); Call: 86550 00811; Entry: Free
2) Food: The curry trail: Tuck into Asian curries this weekend. The menu features sayur lodeh, a Malaysian curry with vegetables, ca ri chay, a Vietnamese specialty and jungle curry, fish simmered with a traditional Thai jungle curry paste.
Where: Vista, Taj Land’s End, Bandstand, Bandra (W); Call: 6668 1234; Price: Rs 5,500
3) Film: Short films night: Shamiana Short Film Club is back with its latest edition of three short film screenings — Smoke Man, by Jaime Maestro, Speechless, by Srikant Kekare and Shut Up, by Ashutosh Pathak.
Where: The Pantry, Yashwant Chambers, Military Square lane, Near Trishna, Kalaghoda, Fort; Call: 2267 8901; Entry: Free
Saturday, October 1st
4) Theatre: Dinesh Thakur Memorial Festival : To commemorate 40 years of the late Dinesh Thakur’s Ank Theatre Group, the production house is set to present two of its most popular plays — Jaat Hi Poocho Na Sadhu Ki and Hai Mera Dil.
Where: Godrej Dance Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 2282 4567; Price: Rs 400
5) Workshop: India Film Project: Catch a screening of the winning shorts of one of Asia’s biggest film festivals. There will also be workshops by the likes of comedian Kanan Gill, of Pretentious Movie Reviews, on how to go viral and how to tell a short story.
Where: Nesco, adjacent to Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East) ; Call: 6645 0123; Price: Free via registration on bookmyshow.com
6) Food: DIY Salads: Avocado wedges, honey lime carrots, roasted beetroots and others – make your own salad.
Where: Ministry of Salads, Tata Garden, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy; Call: 97698 23777; Price: Rs 550 onwards
Sunday, October 2nd
7) Workshop: Terrarium Making: Terrariums, or bottle gardens, are easy-to-create green patches in this concrete jungle. Gardening consultant Anusha Babbar will teach you how to make your own in a small glass bowl.
Where: Dr Bhau Daji Lad Musuem, Rani Baug, Byculla (E); Call: 2373 1234; Price: Rs 500
8) Food: New Menu: Choose from prawns saganaki, Tuna tartare, duck liver mousse, cheese block, wood-fired flatbreads, and hand-cut pasta, and rice, among others.
Where: The Korner House, Union Park Rd, Union Park, Khar (W); Call: 6550 3344; Price: Rs 4,000 onwards
9) Art: We are all Islands: Artist Sharmistha Ray creates a series of abstract works inspired by human sentiment in age of technology.
Where: Nine Fish Art gallery, The New Great Eastern Mills, Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road, Byculla (E); Call: 6554 2300; Entry: Free
10) Exhibition: The Kabaad Mela: Browse through the refurbished artefacts from local upcycling artists across Mumbai. Also catch live dance and music performances by college students, based on the theme of environmental conservation.
Where: Dublin Square, Level 1, Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla; Call: 6180 1100; Entry: Free
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On Friday, the Finnish Ministry of the Interior announced that they will not open borders for tourists, in fact, they are ready to introduce new coronavirus-related restrictions on travel.
- A vacation on a beach can solve every problem, at least for the time being. Goa has become the celebrity-favourite vacation spot as after Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor ringing in their New Year, Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are also taking a quick vacation there. Here are 5 places that should be on your must-visit list if you are craving for some beach time.
- Want to know a quick and easy way to bring a smile to the breakfast table or evening coffee break this winter? Prep up some warm Nutella fingers with the help of this 3 ingredient recipe which promises a chocolate taste in every bite and that is all we need to brush aside Monday blues
- This week, Malaika Arora showed her followers how to do the Sarvangasana aka the shoulder stand. The fitness enthusiast shares an asana every week to urge her followers to exercise.
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Monday motivation for a healthy lifestyle is all about getting set for the day with a liberated mind free of stress and these are the exercises that make up her fitness routine to rejuvenate | Watch