Actor Jiiva, Tamil director Deekay team up for next
Despite the fact actor Jiiva's Yaan was a dud at the box office, Tamil director Deekay has decided to work with him in his yet-untitled film in Tamil.
Deekay made his directorial debut with Yaamirukka Bayamey which turned out to be a blockbuster last year.
"The project with Jiiva will go on floors soon. I can't divulge details about the plot, but it's going to be totally different from my first film. Elred Kumar, who produced my debut film, will also be producing this project," said Deekay.
The rest of the cast for the film will be finalised soon.
According to a source close to the director, the project is expected to roll from March.
Meanwhile, talks are on for the Hindi remake of Yaamirukka Bayamey.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant said that she misses having a man in her life after her break-up with ex-boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi. She added that she has frozen her eggs and wants Abhinav Shukla to be the sperm donor.
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.