Vijay Deverakonda impressed the entire NOTA unit with his single take shot
It’s going to be an exciting year for Vijay Deverakonda with three releases this year. As he awaits the release of Savitri biopic Mahanati and upcoming thriller Taxiwaala, he has begun shooting for Tamil-Telugu bilingual NOTA, which is being directed by Anand Shankar. The film’s shooting is currently underway in Chennai and on Thursday Deverakonda stunned the entire unit with his stunning performance.
According to director Anand Shankar, Vijay performed a 3-page dialogue in Tamil in a single take, much to the astonishment of veteran artists such as Sathyaraj on sets. Anand took to twitter and wrote: “@TheDeverakonda just performed a 3 page intense Tamil dialogue scene in ONE TAKE. Sathyaraj sir and all my other artists stunned. We finished shoot early today. Vijay Deverakonda is amazing.”
The film was officially launched via a customary pooja in Chennai in March. Speaking on the occasion, Deverakonda recalled how this project was materialised. “Post Pellichoopulu, I received a lot of offers from Tamil industry. I decided I won’t do a Tamil film unless I know the language. If I want to do it, I wanted to do it perfectly. Just after the release of Arjun Reddy, producer Gnanavel Raja brought me this script and was after me to give it a listen. He told me it’s from a very talented director called Anand Shankar,” he said.
Vijay also added, “Even though I wasn’t interested in doing a Tamil film, I decided to listen to the script for his sake. When I heard it the first time, it was after a tiring day of shoot and I remember telling Anand that he should narrate it again on a day when I’m not so tired and feeling zoned out. He agreed and we met after a week and this time when I heard the script, I immediately jumped at the opportunity,” Deverakonda said, confirming that Tamil audiences will see his performance in the film in his own voice.
Being bankrolled by Studio Green, Nota is tipped to be a political thriller. Mehreen Pirzada plays the leading lady.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.