Overweight men are having more sex than thinner males
If you thought overweight males were always at a disadvantage, think again. Researchers have found that fat men are having more sex than their thinner peers.
For the study, published in the journal PLOS One, the researchers from the University College London and Anglia Ruskin University in the UK, picked nearly 5,000 sexually active British people.
“I believe the observed association is owing to spouses in satisfying relationships relaxing their efforts to maintain their weight because they are no longer motivated to attract a mate,” study lead researcher Lee Smith, was quoted as saying by thesun.co.uk.
“Therefore, those who are overweight are more likely to be in a happy and satisfying relationship and more likely to engage in frequent sexual activity,” Smith added.
According to the study, among sexually active older people, fat males were a third more likely than their slim counterparts to have sex in previous week.
The research found that likelihood of having sex in the past year was the same across all sizes. However, fat men did it more often as they have an excess of confidence to go with the flab, said the report.
The researchers also revealed that overweight women were 16 per cent likelier to have had sex in the previous week.
“Some women feel attracted to all that protective bulk. Well-fed men also have an excess of energy to burn,” psychotherapist Phillip Hodson, was quoted as saying by thesun.co.uk.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Even after 10 years of losing his mother Mona Shourie Kapoor, Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor continues to grieve her death like a fresh wound and recently shared a relatable post by a fan page that offers a heartwarming truth of grieving a loved one irrespective of the time. Read on
- Chrissy Teigen is remembering her son Jack on what would have been his due date. The model, in October 2020, had shared that she lost her third child due to complications in pregnancy and had posted heartbreaking images on social media.
- Princess Eugenie welcomed her first child with husband Jack Brooksbank on February 9 and she recently revealed that she has named her baby, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. The name is an ode to her grandfather Prince Philip, who is admitted in a hospital at the moment.
- The two mega stars, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have a prenuptial agreement in place, that is why, Southern California's celebrity divorce attorney Daniel Jaffe feels, "there won’t be any major property issues."
- Chris Evans surprises his pet dog, Dodger, after its hip replacement surgery by sewing up a nasty tear in its favourite stuffed toy lion and we can’t help but give the Captain America star a ‘Dog Parent of the Year’ trophy already
- Kim Kardashian, the famous reality TV star and beauty mogul, filed for divorce from her husband of six and a half years, Kanye West. Kardashian is now seeking joint custody of their four children.