- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has revealed in his autobiography that Sonam Kapoor 'benevolently' agreed to do Bhaag Milkha Singh for just ₹11.
Published on Aug 11, 2021 09:00 AM IST
"Milkha Singh wanted to hear the national anthem in a stadium. He is no longer with us but his dream has been fulfilled," Neeraj Chopra said dedicating the achievement to the iconic sprinter, who had finished fourth in the 1960 Rome Olympics.
Published on Aug 07, 2021 10:02 PM IST
Milkha, one of independent India's biggest sporting icons, died here on Friday after battling the infection for a month.
Updated on Jun 21, 2021 11:18 AM IST
PTI | , Chandigarh
Amitabh Bachchan took to his Twitter handle to share the contemplative page from Milka Singh's autobiography,The Race of My Life, in which he delineated deep thoughts about life.
Published on Jun 20, 2021 08:29 PM IST
"Tumhe rukna nahi hai (you cannot stop)", these words from legendary Millkha Singh still inspires Indian football goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu who says the advice from the 'Flying Sikh' helped him fight challenges during his European stint.
Published on Jun 20, 2021 08:00 PM IST
- Milkha was a great runner, a very fast runner. He was in the finals, and I’m telling you, I was very concerned about him.
Updated on Jun 20, 2021 04:27 AM IST
By Otis Davis
Published on Jun 19, 2021 09:23 PM IST
Singh broke Milkha's 400m national record in 1998, 38 years after the Milkha set it in the Rome Olympics for a fourth place finish.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 06:02 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 05:04 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The legendary track and field athlete Milkha Singh died of COVID-19 related complications on Friday night.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 04:50 PM IST
PTI | , Chandigarh
- The Indian players taking the field against New Zealand in the World Test Championship final at the Ageas Bowl sported black armbands as a mark of respect for track legend Milkha Singh, who passed away in Chandigarh on Friday night.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 03:36 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
- Anil Kapoor has recalled visiting Milkha Singh at his home and having 'the most unforgettable aloo parathas'. On Instagram, he also shared pictures with the athlete.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:48 PM IST
- Milkha Singh's passing has left a huge void in India and its sports and many former Indian cricketers including, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh and more, acknowledged the same while paying their respect to 'The Flying Sikh'.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 01:51 PM IST
“How can my generation explain what Milkha Singh meant to us?”, reads a part of the post shared by Anand Mahindra.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:21 PM IST
By Trisha Sengupta
Milkha Singh died aged 91 following a long battle with Covid-19.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 01:07 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
Milkha Singh, lovingly called "the Flying Sikh", won four Asian gold medals and also finished fourth in the 400m final at the Rome Olympics in 1960.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 11:01 AM IST
By Trisha Sengupta
- Singh's passing comes as a huge loss to India and its sporting fraternity, with the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, Saina Nehwal, Sunil Chhetri and many more playing their respect to 'The Flying Sikh'.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 10:52 AM IST
Remembering Milkha Singh, India's largest public broadcasting agency Prasar Bharati went back in time to its archives, a treasure trove of memories, and produced on the internet its own retro-homage -- a multi-part radio autobiography that Singh had recorded for the agency.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 09:18 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose
- Farhan Akhtar, who played Milka Singh in his biopic, has penned a note on the iconic athlete's death.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 08:58 AM IST
- Bollywood stars such as Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra and other remembered the 'The Flying Sikh', Milkha Singh.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 07:32 AM IST
In 2013, a film was made on the life of Milkha Singh called ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, which was directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and starred Farhan Akhtar as Singh along with Sonam Kapoor, Divya Dutta, Yograj Singh and Prakash Raj in supporting roles.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 06:17 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Harshit Sabarwal | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
Before his 91-year-old body lost to COVID-19 on Friday after fighting it for a month, Milkha won the kind of battles that not many would have survived, forget about living long enough to tell the world about them.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:46 AM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
Milkha Singh death: Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh condoled the 'Flying Sikh' Milkha Singh's death and said "India and Punjab poorer today"
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 01:39 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Arpan Rai, New Delhi
- Malcolm Spence of South Africa went past Milkha Singh and won the bronze medal, which was decided by a photo finish.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:23 AM IST
- The sports fraternity mourned Milkha Singh's death and united in paying tributes to the legendary sportsperson on Twitter.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 01:21 AM IST
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:04 AM IST
Milkha Singh’s health worsened on Friday, barely three days after he was shifted out of the Covid-19 intensive care unit.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 03:17 AM IST
By HT Correspondent, Chandigarh
Published on Jun 19, 2021 01:00 AM IST
- In a tweet, PM Modi said that Milkha Singh inspired millions around the world, and added that India have lost a colossal sportsperson.
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 12:50 AM IST
Milkha was admitted to PGIMER on June 3 after his oxygen levels dipped at home following treatment at the Fortis hospital in Mohali for a week.
Published on Jun 18, 2021 04:08 PM IST
PTI | , Chandigarh