- "I have built the miniature art of "Durga Maa face". Using a total of 275 ice cream sticks. This time I have also designed a new type of mandala art on the statue. We will celebrate the "Durga Puja" by complying with the COVID-19 guidelines," said artist Biswajeet Nayak.
Updated on Oct 13, 2021 10:20 PM IST
Jasna Salim, a 28-year old homemaker, has done over 500 paintings of little Lord Krishna, which have a large number of takers in and outside Kerela.
Updated on Sep 30, 2021 10:44 PM IST
- Communist activist or genius of contemporary art? Picasso was viewed through drastically different ideological lenses in former East and West Germany.
Updated on Sep 27, 2021 07:20 PM IST
By Deutsche Welle
- The installation of Arc de Triomphe in Paris, by late artist couple Christo and Jeanne-Claude, will open on Saturday. Visitors to the famous Napoleonic arch, which dominates the Champs-Elysees Avenue, will not only be able to see the gleaming fabric, but to touch it too.
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 07:54 AM IST
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Paris
A giant portrait of Mammootty has been placed at Thrissur Kbees Durbar Convention centre. According to the artist DaVinci Suresh, the portrait is 20 feet big made by using 600 mobile phones and 6,000 mobile accessories.
Updated on Sep 07, 2021 08:00 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Thrissur (kerala) [india]
- The paintings by Ghana artist Amoako Boafo were on three parachute panels on the outside of the capsule at the very top. Boafo painted a self-portrait as well as portraits of his mother and a friend’s mother, explaining “a mother's love comes from a place that is out of this world"
Updated on Aug 27, 2021 04:12 PM IST
AP | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Cape Canaveral, Fla.
Published on Aug 13, 2021 04:30 PM IST
Ahead of Ganeshotsav in Gujarat's Vadodara, Dakshesh Jangid makes Ganesh idol, showing him sitting on a vaccine vial, with a syringe beside him and a face mask in hand to raise awareness on Covid-19 protocols and encourage people to get vaccinated
Updated on Aug 05, 2021 09:12 AM IST
Kashmiri paper mache artist Maqbool Jan paints an old map of Srinagar on cloth, says 'My desire is that this map is displayed in the Parliament. Because a lot of decisions on the Kashmir region come from there. This map will remind them of the heaven that our Kashmir is'
Updated on Aug 03, 2021 05:47 PM IST
Thea White, best known for voicing Muriel Bagge on 'Courage the Cowardly Dog' cartoon show, passes away at 81 after undergoing a second surgery related to liver cancer.
Updated on Aug 02, 2021 07:07 PM IST
Artist KP Rohit, a native of Kerala's Payyanur, replaces paint with stones to create portraits and once done the canvas is tilted and lifted to create the same image in the air. As the stones rise up in air in a fraction of seconds, the image comes alive.
Updated on Jul 18, 2021 06:56 PM IST
- Saudi Arabia sculptor Husban Bin Ahmad Al-Enizi seeks to get registered at the Guinness World Records after carving the Holy Quran using Ottoman calligraphy on Tabuk's 30 green marble slabs in 8 years
Updated on Jul 15, 2021 05:25 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Zarafshan Shiraz
French artist Olivier Grossetete installed Michelangelo-inspired cardboard bridge titled "The Farnese Bridge" above Tiber river in Rome, Italy.
Updated on Jul 15, 2021 02:12 PM IST
- After launching art based online platform on parents’ anniversary, Sonakshi Sinha gives fans a glimpse of her ‘Acrylic on Canvas’ as she flaunts contemporary Ganesha paintings 'Ibaan, Vikat, Anav' in expressionist triptych art form and here’s what it costs
Updated on Jul 11, 2021 05:59 PM IST
By Zarafshan Shiraz
Crypto artwork by 18-year-old transgender artist Victor Langlois, on gender transition, fetches $2.16 million at Christie's online auction. It represents Langlois' life as he discovered his gender identity and transitioned from female to male between the ages of 14 and 18.
Updated on Jul 02, 2021 09:31 AM IST
Adnan Manzoor is the youngest and the most famous Rabab player in Kashmir valley and his videos on social media have millions of views. His cover of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's 'Tumhe Dillagi' got over three million views.
Updated on Jun 28, 2021 08:51 PM IST
A painting by pop icon David Bowie purchased for about $4 at a Canadian landfill has been sold at auction in Toronto for nearly $90,000. The painting which was originally sold through a website around 2001, found itself two decades later at a donations store in South River, Ontario.
Published on Jun 26, 2021 12:01 PM IST
Titled “Vortex,” Japanese artist Miwako Sakauchi's paintings show the 'anger, fear, sense of contradiction and state violence' over the residents evicted and the trees felled so enormous Olympic stadiums could be built
Updated on Jun 17, 2021 05:19 PM IST
- New York-based Morgan Art Foundation intends to work with the Maine-based Star of Hope Foundation, which aims to transform Robert Indiana’s island home into a museum. Indiana created a lifetime of art but he’s best known for LOVE, spelled with two letters to a line and with a tilted “O.”
Updated on Jun 13, 2021 06:19 PM IST
- After Billie Eilish, Cardi B and Madonna, Nora Fatehi turns muse for international photographer and contemporary artist Hassan Hajjaj and slays in eye-popping bespoke streetwear style of Morocco that is sure to hypnotise fashionistas | Check sartorial pictures of the diva inside
Updated on Jun 09, 2021 11:35 AM IST
By Zarafshan Shiraz
Arun Sahu of Kantei Koli village in Ganjam district has carved two copies of Hanuman Chalisa, a Hindu holy book, from wood.
Updated on Jun 07, 2021 08:38 AM IST
- A treasure hunt is organised every week in Brooklyn neighbourhood by American artist Steve Wasterval who has painted and hidden about 80 tiny landscape drawings of Greenpoint, on New York's streets
Updated on May 31, 2021 02:21 PM IST
Hyderabad-based artist Rajan Kumar painted a graffiti or pictorial depiction of the coronavirus on road which read, 'Stay Home, if not, It'll be at your home,' to create awareness among people about the importance of lockdown in fighting against Covid-19
Updated on May 30, 2021 12:54 PM IST
At an event in Johannesburg to celebrate Africa Day, Rwandan-born fashion designer and visual artist Eli Gold who is also known as Nyambo MasaMara, showed off his collection of colourful African prints called 'Migration Is Beautiful, Destroy All Borders', which is a call to embrace migration
Updated on May 27, 2021 10:24 AM IST
- Surrealist artist Leonora Carrington's home in Mexico City will open to the public as a museum displaying some of her works and possessions. The opening date will depend on the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic in Mexico
Updated on May 25, 2021 11:53 AM IST
- Marina Abramovic wins Spanish art prize worth 50,000-euro ($56,700). Her works include “The Artist is Present,” in which she spent 716 hours sitting still while thousands of museum-goers took turns sitting in front of her and sharing one another’s gaze.
Updated on May 13, 2021 02:01 PM IST
- Shahid Kapoor tries dispelling the surrounding Covid-19 gloom by sharing a ‘picture of happiness’ by well-known Turkish painter Abidin Dino and we are taking a leaf out of his message of positivity this Monday
Updated on May 10, 2021 04:48 PM IST
By Zarafshan Shiraz
Alain Verschueren, a Belgian artist and social worker, has been strolling through the capital Brussels wearing a 'portable oasis' - a plexiglass mini-greenhouse which rests on his shoulders, cocooning him in a bubble of air purified by the aromatic plants inside
Updated on Apr 19, 2021 08:52 PM IST
Cambodia's Ministry of Culture had issued a statement calling on VICE to remove the colourised photographs of the Khmer Rouge 'killing fields' victims after artist Matt Loughrey added smiles to mugshots of some of the Cambodians executed and tortured
Updated on Apr 12, 2021 04:46 PM IST
- 'Game Changer' painting by mystery street artist 'Banksy', that honoured Britain’s health workers in the Covid-19 pandemic, raises a record 16.8 million pounds ($23.2 million) at Christie’s auction house. The sale proceeds will fund health organizations and charities across the UK
Updated on Mar 24, 2021 11:24 AM IST