Latest from bird flu
- The CDC said the person tested positive for avian influenza A(H5) virus and was involved in the culling of poultry presumed to have had H5N1 bird flu.
- China's National Health Commission on Tuesday said a four-year-old boy living in central Henan province tested positive for the strain after being hospitalised earlier this month with a fever and other symptoms.
- While Avian Flu viruses do not usually infect human beings, and such an infection is rare, it is important to take precautions to prevent spread of bird flu among humans.
Byhindustantimes.com | Edited by Parmita Uniyal
- The district administration is taking move days after about 100 chickens died suddenly at the farm in Vehloli village of Shahapur tehsil in Thane district.
Byhindustantimes.com, New Delhi
- The district administration has banned the use and sale of eggs, meat and manure of ducks, chickens, quails and domestic birds in the affected areas.
Byhindustantimes.com | Written by Sharmita Kar | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, New Delhi