Latest from budget
- The total capital expenditure for 2021-22 stood at ₹1,14,910 crore of which, ₹75,140 crore was spent on local weapons and systems, said a senior official familiar with development. The rest of the money was spent on weapons from foreign sources, the official added, asking not to be named.
ByRahul Singh, New Delhi
- In an unprecedented move, The BBMP has released its 2022-23 annual budget over its website late on Thursday night.
- It is being speculated that it was done to avoid taking questions and clearing doubts, which usually happens soon after the budget presentation.
- The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) budget was supposed to be presented at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Local reports said the BBMP budget may be presented at 3 p.m. on March 30, according to a BBMP official.
The Lok Sabha on Monday approved a ₹1.13 lakh-crore budget of Jammu & Kashmir for 2022-23 after over six hours of intense debate.