These masks are also useful for protection against pollution and bacterial infections, among other factors.
Published on Oct 20, 2021 01:42 PM IST
Austria will allow foreign visitors to ski in winter holidays but skiers will have to wear face masks on enclosed ski lifts and show they have been vaccinated, tested or have recovered from Covid-19 when they book a ticket
Updated on Sep 20, 2021 08:30 PM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Vienna
The research found that N95 and KN95 face masks filter more than 50% of exhaled aerosols, as against just about 10% for common face masks.
Published on Aug 22, 2021 09:05 PM IST
hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
- Hawaii no longer requires residents to wear face masks outdoors since all have received at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine and under half the population has been fully vaccinated. Starting June 1, ocean sports competitions like surfing contests and canoe paddling races to take place
Updated on May 26, 2021 07:29 AM IST
From Disney World in Florida easing face masks rule in common outdoor areas to Singapore not allowing entry to short-term travellers holding an Air Travel Pass with travel history to Taiwan, here are the latest travel updates amid Covid-19
Updated on May 16, 2021 01:22 PM IST
New Zealand suspends travel bubble with Australia after a man was infected with a variant first detected in India and genomic sequencing had linked the case to a returned traveller from the United States
Updated on May 06, 2021 02:07 PM IST
- As new coronavirus variants increase infection cases worldwide, Google doodle spread awareness about wearing a face mask, washing hands and practising social distancing at the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic through its animated homepage this Tuesday
Updated on Apr 06, 2021 08:14 AM IST
Covid-19 restrictions: In a guidance which differs from national law, Spain official says partygoers in Barcelona should wear masks if they are mixing with others on the beach but did not need to do so if they are sunbathing or swimming in the sea
Updated on Apr 04, 2021 11:00 AM IST
- A study done in the USA showed that wearing masks can actually curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. However, dining at restaurants, both in open area and inside, can increase the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths.
Updated on Mar 06, 2021 07:46 AM IST
AP | , New York
- After nearly a year of being extremely cautious amid Covid-19 pandemic, is it safe to roam around without wearing a mask and forget social distancing when resuming fitness classes, running errands or going grocery shopping after receiving coronavirus vaccine? Here's what the experts have to say
Updated on Feb 21, 2021 06:17 PM IST
Covid-19: The scientists have found that when fitted properly, N95 masks filtered more than 95 per cent of airborne particles, offering superior protection against coronavirus
Updated on Feb 14, 2021 05:21 PM IST
This higher level of humidity in inhaled air, the researchers suggested, could help explain why wearing masks has been linked to lower disease severity in people infected with SARS-CoV-2, because hydration of the respiratory tract is known to benefit the immune system.
Published on Feb 13, 2021 09:15 PM IST
ANI | , Washington
- Doctors think that in most situations wearing one mask that fits properly can be enough but more than one face mask might be required in some cases. Read one:
Published on Feb 02, 2021 01:54 PM IST
- Esha Gupta recently posted about her favourite DIY (Do It Yourself) face mask that is made with turmeric, olive oil and honey.
Published on Jan 31, 2021 02:31 PM IST
, DelhiNishtha Grover
In light of the data review, Delhi Police officers said the two districts have a larger number of much-favoured markets, such as Sadar Bazaar and Kamla Nagar, and these marketplaces had seen huge crowds since Dussehra till Diwali.
Updated on Nov 25, 2020 07:20 AM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | Prawesh Lama, New Delhi
A study has found out that since silk contains natural antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiviral properties, face masks or coverings made from the material could help ward off the coronavirus
Updated on Sep 24, 2020 06:34 PM IST
Cincinnati (Ohio) [US] |Asian News International | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz
Face masks: Check out which coverings offer sufficient protection and which do not work against Covid-19
As face masks become the new fashion accessory and the most effective tool in the battle against coronavirus, it is important that you opt for a covering which offers sufficient protection. Read on to know about the best and worst face coverings
Updated on Sep 20, 2020 09:34 AM IST
Hindustan Times, Delhi |Zarafshan Shiraz
As per the research, even homemade masks can dramatically reduce transmission rates if enough people wear them in public.
Updated on Jun 10, 2020 02:14 PM IST
London, United Kingdom |Reuters | Posted by: Shivani Kumar
Social distancing and wearing face masks are part of MHA guidelines issued on April 15.
Updated on May 21, 2020 11:32 AM IST
Madurai, Tamil Nadu |Asian News International | Posted by: Shivani Kumar
As the coronavirus threat loomed large, authorities paroled out 2,251 convicted and 13,453 undertrial prisoners.
Updated on May 20, 2020 06:19 PM IST
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh |Indo Asian News Service | Posted by: Shivani Kumar
Smita Parashar said they have been working on Madhubani for 25 years and on Manjusha for six years.
Updated on May 19, 2020 06:10 PM IST
Patna, Bihar |Asian News International | Posted by: Shivani Kumar
It has been reported that this is the largest donation of medical protective articles to any overseas country by the Chinese company.
Updated on May 16, 2020 06:16 PM IST
New Delhi, Delhi |Asian News International | Posted by: Shivani Kumar
Those travelling are also encouraged to carry their own food, download the Aarogya Setu App for tracking their health parameters and observe social distancing both at the station and on trains, the guidelines said.
Updated on May 11, 2020 09:35 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |Anisha Dutta | Edited by Ashutosh Tripathi
A jail official said they have already stitched around 6,000 face masks and will continue to do so till Covid-19 is contained
Updated on Apr 08, 2020 08:30 PM IST
Hindustan Times, Chandigarh |Anil Sharma
Protect your skin from the harmful UV rays by using simple natural ingredients that are available in every household.
Updated on Apr 09, 2018 07:58 PM IST
Indo Asian News Service |Indo Asian News Service