UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 08:40 AM IST
- A private modern and contemporary art collection will soon go on sale and feature pieces by artists like Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso valued at more than USD 600 million. This is the highest estimate ever placed on any collection to come to auction.
UPDATED ON JUL 07, 2021 05:47 PM IST
- British painter JMW Turner's seascape painting can currently be viewed at Sotheby's London auction house and is expected to sell for between £4 million and £6 million. Aside from a brief auction in New York in 1945, the painting hasn't been displayed publicly in over a century.
UPDATED ON JUN 22, 2021 06:12 PM IST
Sotheby's said it would be first time a pear shaped flawless diamond of 101.38-carat has been offered for public purchase with cryptocurrency. It carries a pre-sale estimate of $10 million - $15 million and will be sold on July 9 in Hong Kong with bitcoin, ether or traditional money as payment.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 05:57 PM IST
- The winning bidder for the World Wide Web source code, tied as NFT, will receive a letter from Tim Berners-Lee “reflecting on the code and the process of creating it.”
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 04:26 PM IST
Bidding at Sotheby's auction for Banksy's iconic artwork 'Love is in the Air' is estimated at $3 million to $5 million with the buyer having the option to pay with cryptocurrency (bitcoin and ethereum)
UPDATED ON APR 15, 2021 05:06 PM IST
The Sotheby's sale, called ‘The Fungible’ Collection, had a complex structure, including a series of digital cubes which collectors could buy for $500 to $1,500 each, receiving a number of non-fungible tokens based on how many cubes they own.
PUBLISHED ON APR 03, 2021 10:33 AM IST
Last week’s Sotheby’s and Christie’s results anticipate novelty—not name-brand artists—and a lack of $100 million masterworks at May sales.
UPDATED ON MAR 23, 2021 10:49 AM IST
An upcoming Sotheby's auction spanning 500 years of art to offer paintings including silverware by Pablo Picasso, Edvard Munch's 'Embrace on the Beach' and poster image for Banksy's 'Barely Legal' exhibition that features a naked, pregnant figure wearing a monkey mask and smoking a cigarette
AP | , Hartford, Connecticut
PUBLISHED ON MAR 03, 2021 10:13 AM IST
A small porcelain bowl bought for $35 at a Connecticut yard sale turned out to be a rare, 15th century Chinese artifact worth between $300,000 and $500,000 that is about to go up for auction at Sotheby's.
UPDATED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:56 AM IST
Sotheby's auction house in Amsterdam, Hong Kong, and Paris to put on display for the first time, a Paris street scene painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1887 while he was lodging with his brother Theo in the French capital.
UPDATED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:36 AM IST
- Including works by Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Franz Kline, the art collection of Texas oil and ranching heiress Anne Marion will be up for auction this spring in New York. Sotheby's said three masterworks at the heart of the collection are expected to each sell for over $20 million.
UPDATED ON JAN 28, 2021 08:31 AM IST
- Italian renaissance artist Sandro Botticelli's 200 years old portrait, Young Man Holding a Roundel, is the highlight of Sotheby's Masters Week sale in New York and is expected to top $80 million in the auction on Thursday
Bloomberg | By Hannah Elliott
UPDATED ON AUG 19, 2019 01:29 PM IST
The controversial silver coupe had been expected to sell for some $20 million before a massive mistake by the auction house upset the crowded room, leaving some collectors to believe it was an attempt at a joke.
London | By Agence France Presse
UPDATED ON OCT 07, 2018 08:12 AM IST
British street artist Banksy has pulled off his latest prank, self-destructing one of his most iconic artworks moments after it fetched more than a million pounds at auction in London.
Bloomberg | By Anirban Nag
UPDATED ON APR 10, 2018 04:24 PM IST
There’s “an increasingly vibrant domestic Indian art market,” said Jan Prasens, Sotheby’s managing director for India. The Indian art market is currently valued at $223 million, just a fraction of the $56 billion global market.