taste with vir]
Latest from taste with vir
Published on Aug 15, 2022 12:11 PM IST
- The Indian responses to the stabbing of Salman Rushdie have told me several things. The first and most important thing to emphasise is that all of us don’t always realise that the threat to Rushdie’s life did not emanate from India as so many people on social media seem to believe.
Published on Aug 08, 2022 10:33 AM IST
- I have a theory about how Indian tastes have developed over the last few decades. My theory is that most recent developments in Indian restaurant cuisine have been caused by the subcontinent’s discovery of umami flavours.
Published on Aug 01, 2022 10:49 AM IST
- American Kung Pao chicken is basically chicken with soya sauce and chilli. Till 2005 there were restrictions on importing Sichuan peppercorns into the US so they never became part of the recipe. The real Chinese dish is dark and complex.
Updated on Jul 18, 2022 11:27 AM IST
- If you are travelling to Europe over the next few months, you have my sympathies. Take care of yourselves and keep an eye on your luggage!
Updated on Jul 12, 2022 09:19 AM IST
- Some Italians will tell you that pizza is an ancient dish. This is nonsense. Yes, flatbreads are ancient but pizza, in the sense of a base with tomato and cheese cannot be ancient by definition.