UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 08:06 PM IST
American Airlines Group Inc plans to boost flights to mountain and beach destinations, including new routes to Orlando, Florida, from eight cities including Pittsburgh and Indianapolis as it bets that travel this summer will take a big step toward normalisation
UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 07:53 PM IST
Battered by the Covid-19 pandemic, Europe's travel industry is counting on British holidaymakers to lead a tourism rebound this summer. After one of the world's fastest vaccination programmes, Britons could be permitted to travel from late May.
UPDATED ON APR 13, 2021 03:58 PM IST
The EU's proposed Covid travel certificate would contain information on vaccination, tests or recovery and would be valid until the World Health Organisation declares the coronavirus pandemic over
UPDATED ON APR 11, 2021 12:28 PM IST
Making the most of Covid-19 lockdown, Singapore refurbished many tourist attractions including the Singapore Art Museum, a local ethnic cultural centre and a World War II museum. Read on to know what's new and how Singapore is preparing to become an attractive travel destination
By Nishtha Grover
UPDATED ON APR 08, 2021 04:50 PM IST
- If you can't stop thinking about travelling and have already gone through your old vacation pictures a lot of times, you need to make up a new list of the places you want to go once everything is back to normal. We are doing that and sharing our list with you.
UPDATED ON APR 07, 2021 06:28 PM IST
As Covid-19 rules relax, golf courses, tennis courts and open-air swimming pools reopen in England while a ban on non-essential travel lifts up too though most shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels remain closed in Britain
UPDATED ON APR 06, 2021 09:22 AM IST
Facing mounting pressure from businesses to open the border, New Zealand could open border to Australian travellers from end of the week. However, PM Jacinda Ardern is yet to make any announcement for quarantine-free travel with Australia
UPDATED ON APR 06, 2021 09:09 AM IST
The CDC updated its guidance to say that fully vaccinated people can travel within the US without getting tested for the coronavirus or going into quarantine afterward but it did not say when cruise lines like Norwegian Cruises could resume sailing.
UPDATED ON APR 05, 2021 08:23 PM IST
Singapore will accept the International Air Transport Association (IATA) mobile travel pass for pre-departure checks, where travellers can get clearance to fly to and enter Singapore by showing a smartphone application containing their data from accredited laboratories.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 07:29 AM IST
On Sunday, the Greek authorities announced that the Covid-19 restrictions were extended for all international passengers till April 19 and the same for domestic passengers will go on till April 12 due to the rise in cases.
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 08:52 PM IST
While Portugal has been lifting some Covid-19 restrictions after a three-month nationwide lockdown came into force early this year, it has extended restrictions on travel via land and sea to Spain
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 10:45 AM IST
- Italy limits travel between regions and visits to relatives over the Easter weekend through Monday, to limit the chances of Covid-19 infection spread and closed nonessential shops while restaurants and bars were only open for take-out.
UPDATED ON APR 03, 2021 05:47 PM IST
Sputnik V's tweet about launching a new programme raises prospect of vaccination tourism in Russia where foreigners may travel to Russia to get vaccinated against Covid-19 with its vaccine shots from July
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 10:42 AM IST
British officials are drawing up plans for the tentative return of international travel, allowing families to book holidays and offering a desperately needed lifeline to the aviation industry.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
PUBLISHED ON MAR 31, 2021 06:47 PM IST
If you are travelling to Bengaluru, a negative RT-PCR report will be mandatory, irrespective of whether you are coming from a Covid-19 hotspot state or not. This rule is not applicable to people travelling to the rest of Karnataka.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAR 31, 2021 02:44 PM IST
- In printed top and pastel blue shorts, Madhuri Dixit Nene camouflages with the picture-perfect private villas extending to the alabaster white sand beaches and turquoise blue waters of Maldives as she gives fans a glimpse into Day 1 of her island vacation
UPDATED ON MAR 31, 2021 08:19 AM IST
- Starting from April 12, Ireland will allow people to travel freely within their county. Two households will be permitted to meet outdoors and some paused construction work will restart while schools are expected to be fully opened by April 12
UPDATED ON MAR 30, 2021 08:00 AM IST
- Bank of America says that recovery in leisure travel is now 'in full swing' even as parts of Europe impose new Covid-19 restrictions and the US Centers for Disease Prevention and Control tells people not to travel, American Airlines find flight bookings are nearly back to pre-pandemic levels
UPDATED ON MAR 30, 2021 07:45 AM IST
Initially hoping to return to 70% of pre-pandemic levels in 2022, Air New Zealand Ltd is 'blown away' by the new data which suggests that domestic business travel has returned to 90% of pre-pandemic levels courtesy more seats, more business-timed flights, more crew and reduced top fares
UPDATED ON MAR 29, 2021 10:47 AM IST
- To curb the alarming surge in coronavirus infections, Philippines places lockdown on these provinces and prohibits leisure trips and religious gatherings which forced the dominant Roman Catholic church to shift all its Holy Week and Easter activities online
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 02:54 PM IST
US lawmakers write a letter to Biden administration, stating that a pre-clearance facility at Taoyuan International Airport 'would improve the ease of travel between the United States and Taiwan and reinforce the importance of our relationship with Taiwan'
UPDATED ON MAR 24, 2021 10:14 AM IST
- Seeing a surge with the more contagious British variant of Covid-19 before the Easter Holidays, Norway tightens restrictions on travel to prevent coronavirus from spreading
UPDATED ON MAR 23, 2021 09:38 AM IST
- 'The time to plan for and chart a defined roadmap to reopen international travel is now': More than two dozen tourism groups write to White House and push for a plan to speed up the recovery of the travel and airline industries amid Covid-19
UPDATED ON MAR 22, 2021 01:45 PM IST
- Chancellor Angela Merkel proposes plan to extend and slightly tighten existing curbs, especially for travellers, in Germany through April 18 amid an upward curve of Covid-19 infections in Europe’s biggest economy ahead of Easter holiday break
UPDATED ON MAR 22, 2021 01:30 PM IST
From complex travel authorisation certificate to avoiding imposing a third nationwide lockdown, France's Covid-19 measures ridiculed for being beset by glitches since the coronavirus continues to circulate
UPDATED ON MAR 21, 2021 05:12 PM IST
Instead of a hard lockdown, Philippines introduces additional restrictions including night curfews and the prohibition of mass gatherings as the country battles a renewed surge in Covid-19 infections.
UPDATED ON MAR 21, 2021 05:01 PM IST
While half of all adults in Britain have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said that it is too early for Britons to book summer holidays abroad
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 07:31 AM IST
- Romania and Greece are planning to come up with their own vaccine certificates that will allow tourists to travel between the two places as soon as next month.
UPDATED ON MAR 18, 2021 04:30 PM IST
In order to help revive the economy after suffering a blow amid Covid-19, Indonesia is considering reopening Bali to foreign tourists in June
UPDATED ON MAR 18, 2021 03:23 PM IST
After Covid-19 restrictions left travel chains fighting for survival, United Kingdom sees encouraging signs for resuming of international travel this summer