world test championship]
PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 08:46 PM IST
Gill did not have a great outing in the World Test Championship (WTC) final against New Zealand as he recorded scores of just 28 and 8 runs.
UPDATED ON JUL 14, 2021 08:15 PM IST
- India, New Zealand and England captains Virat Kohli, Kane Williamson and Joe Root reacted to ICC's announcement about the second edition of WTC.
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 12:47 PM IST
- Devon Conway edged out his teammate Kyle Jamieson and South Africa’s Quinton de Kock to bag the award. Ecclestone, on the other hand, won ahead of India's teen batting sensation Shafali Verma and all-rounder Sneh Rana.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 09, 2021 10:50 AM IST
- After initially receiving plaudits for his effort as 'weatherman' during the WTC final between India and England, Dinesh Karthik revealed how those praises turned into abuses in a matter of days.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 05, 2021 06:05 PM IST
- Australia captain Tim Paine says missing out on the WTC final due to a slow-over rate penalty was a bitter pill to swallow.
UPDATED ON JUL 05, 2021 08:08 PM IST
- Jasprit Bumrah drew a lot of flak for his performance in the final where he failed to pick even a single wicket. Bumrah did not look at his best during the match as the Kiwi batsmen managed to negate his threat.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 02, 2021 08:03 AM IST
- Former all-rounder Irfan Pathan analysed India's performance, explaining how the squad did not get enough practice for the crunch World Test Championship final.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 02, 2021 07:35 AM IST
- Describing it as a 'slightly unique' way of celebrating, Williamson said he immediately got engaged in 'daddy duties' which included 'changing the nappies' of his six-month-old daughter.
UPDATED ON JUL 02, 2021 07:35 AM IST
- Are India not good at ICC knockout matches? That question has been answered by the one and only Sunil Gavaskar.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 08:57 PM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 09:52 PM IST
In the latest video on his YouTube channel, the Ravichandran Ashwin admitted that things didn’t go India’s way despite giving their best shot.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 10:06 PM IST
Former Indian opener Aakash Chopra said the team that tops the points table should have the privilege to host the summit clash, only if it’s a one-off encounter.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 03:22 PM IST
- India were playing a Test match after a gap of more than three months. The only red-ball practice they had was the intra-squad simulation they played ahead of the WTC final, which Cook said doesn’t have the same intensity of a Test match.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 12:51 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at this hour. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 12:41 PM IST
- Irfan Pathan said Indian batsmen attempting pull shots to the bouncers bowled at them by the New Zealand seamers instead of gutsing it out in the middle was a sign of their ‘lack of commitment.’
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 11:41 AM IST
- Tim Southee said there were demons in his head after dropping Rishabh Pant’s catch in India's second innings in WTC final but he had to bury them quickly before bowling the next over.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 10:42 AM IST
- Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-Ul-Haq appeared perplexed with the kind of pitch used for the WTC final and expressed surprise over it.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 12:36 PM IST
- A week after the WTC final, New Zealand captain Kane Williamson talked about hugging India skipper Virat Kohli moments after their win in Southampton.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 09:14 AM IST
- New Zealand's Kyle Jamieson clears the air as to whether Virat Kohli really had asked the all-rounder to bowl to him with the Dukes ball at RCB nets earlier this year.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 09:05 PM IST
- "Unfortunately, when there came a real Test in extreme conditions, the famed batting line-up faltered," said former wicketkeeper Saba Karim after India's loss in the World Test Championship final.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 04:48 PM IST
- On the best day to bat, India folded like a pack of cards and the same was highlighted by former captain Sunil Gavaskar, who feels that had the Indian team shown a bit of steadiness in their batting, the outcome of the match could have been something entirely different.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 30, 2021 10:59 AM IST
- The upcoming India-England series and the Ashes later this year are the only five-match Test series in the second cycle of WTC which is otherwise dominated by two-match Test series.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 01:15 PM IST
- Impressed with what India achieved in their inaugural WTC cycle, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly had great things to say about the team.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 10:16 AM IST
- Former India all-rounder S Sriram, who has been Australia's bowling coach for five years now, said it was a close game, while acknowledging India's rigorous toil over the last 12 months.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 07:20 AM IST
- West Indies legendary fast bowler Curtly Ambrose on Tuesday pondered the reasons behind India's struggles in the ICC events.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 03:37 PM IST
Former Indian cricketer Rohan Gavaskar spoke of India producing quality seamers in the present era. He said the current Indian team has around half a dozen fast bowlers to look up to.
UPDATED ON JUN 29, 2021 04:49 PM IST
Former pacer Balwinder Singh Sandhu, a 1983 World Cup winner, expressed his disappointment over India's bowling line-up and stated that the pacers needed to make the batsmen play off the front foot.
UPDATED ON JUN 29, 2021 01:46 PM IST
- Kyle Jamieson who dismissed India captain Virat Kohli in both innings of the WTC final, said it was the ‘toughest period of Test cricket’ that he has been a part of.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 10:57 AM IST
- What’s a World XI minus a surprise? There were a few in Aakash Chopra’s XI to take on WTC winners New Zealand. For starters, there was no Virat Kohli. Chopra's team however, had three Indians in it.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 08:55 AM IST
Cricketer-turned-commentator Chopra did not fail to point out that even if Gill wasn't selected, the next-in-line batsman was Mayank Agarwal and not KL Rahul.