3 Indians die from inhaling poisonous gas in Bahrain
Three Indian workers have been killed after inhaling poisonous methane gas in a sewage trench in the suburbs of Bahrain's capital city of Manama.world Updated: Jul 31, 2013 21:12 IST
Three Indian workers have been killed after inhaling poisonous methane gas in a sewage trench in the suburbs of Bahrain's capital city of Manama.
Murugesan Konar, 40, Shanmuga Jeganathon, 25, and Balrusa Ayyakkannu, 23, were about to carry out maintenance work in Nabih Saleh when the tragedy happened, authorities said.
An initial probe found that "one of the worker fainted while trying to fix pipes inside the hole. The two colleagues tried to help him but they met with the same fate after inhaling the gas," the Gulf country's civil defence department said in a statement.
Emergency services were called to the site, but the men were already dead by the time firemen pulled them out from the 9-meter depth hole, it said.
First Published: Jul 31, 2013 21:11 IST