Priyanka Chopra's first performance at a New Year bash
Actor may dance at a New Year bash for the first time this year; will even choreograph the act.bollywood Updated: Nov 23, 2013 12:24 IST
Priyanka Chopra is the latest actor to join the list of stars who have performed at New Year parties around the world. This year, she will be seen on stage at an event in Chennai.
It seems that the popularity of her song from Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s latest film has increased the demand for the actor. “They have asked her to perform after the stupendous success of ‘Ram chahe Leela’. Apart from that song, she will also groove to a medley of her popular Bollywood songs,” says a source close to Priyanka.
As an incentive, she has apparently been offered the highest amount an actor has received for a dance performance. “She has never performed at a New Year bash and this is the first time that she has given her nod for the bash that will be held in Chennai,” says the source, adding, “She will choreograph the performance herself as she normally likes planning her acts on her own. The performance will last for about 10 minutes.”
Although not denying the news, the actor’s spokesperson preferred not to comment on the development. “Yes, Priyanka has been getting a lot of offers after the popularity of the song. But it’s too early to comment right now,” says the spokesperson.
Been there, done that
* Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor performed at a New Year bash in Lonavala last year.
* Bipasha Basu, who has been a regular at New Year parties, has performed at several such functions.
* Mallika Sherawat has performed at a five star hotel in Mumbai twice and in the US last year. At the first event, the actor had got in trouble for
her ‘obscene’ dance moves.
* Prachi Desai performed at a New Year bash in the city last year.
* Model-dancer Yana Gupta has been performing at New Year parties for the past couple of years.