Two persons were electrocuted on Saturday and as many sustained severe burn injuries in Vasundhara Colony here after a high-tension wire snapped due to thundershowers and wind, police said.
The incident occurred around 6 pm in Indirapuram Police Station area when the wire fell down on a tree under which the four persons were standing at a tea stall, SHO Gorakh Nath Yadav said.
They became unconscious after coming in contact with electricity. Police rushed them to a nearby private hospital where the attending doctors declared Arun (42) and Bhoora (38) brought dead.
The injured, Babu (30) and Vishal (12) are undergoing treatment, the SHO said.
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) Superintending Engineer M C Sharma said the department will conduct an inquiry into the matter and those responsible will be punished.