Aditya Pancholi says Kangana Ranaut should return Padma Shri now that her theory on Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has been disproved
In an interview to Aaj Tak, he said about Sooraj’s name being brought up in connection with Sushant’s death, “One foolish guy posted and all this major media picked it up and made it into an issue. This is not fair. Everyone has to be responsible, we had to go through so much pain.” He added, “I am not on social media but they are trolling Sooraj that he is a ‘murderer’. This is the reason he had to turn his comments off. What is this?”
Sooraj and his mother, Zarina Wahab, have both dismissed reports that suggested he knew Disha Salian, or had thrown a party on the night before Sushant’s death.
Aditya also commented about Kangana Ranaut’s series of statements on everything from the film industry to the various narratives surrounding Sushant’s death. “Jis thaali mein khate hain usme chhed nahi karte hain (Do not dig a hole in the same plate you eat in),” he said. He added, “Kya bol sakte hai uss aurat ke baare main, uspar humara defamation case bhi chal rha hai, (What can we say about this woman. We have a defamation case going on against her). She is not supposed to talk about me and my family.”
ALSO WATCH | SC order on Sushant case: Kangana Ranaut, Chirag Paswan & Fadnavis respond
Kangana had previously accused Aditya of assault. She told NDTV in an interview, “When this man who used to be my father’s age, he hit me so hard that my head was...I fell on my head on the floor and it started to bleed. I must have been 17 or something. I picked up my sandal and I hit his head hard and it started to bleed as well.” Aditya has filed several defamation cases against Kangana and her sister, Rangoli Chandel, on the basis of interviews and tweets.
He told Aaj Tak that Kangana’s nepotism theory has been proven false, and that she should return her Padma Shri, as she had promised to do if proven wrong. He said, “Tell her to return it now because she is wrong about Sushant Singh Rajput. His father filed a report in Patna in which there is no angle of nepotism mentioned. He clearly said that Section 306 is on Rhea. When Kangana was naming industry people, she actually wasted everyone’s time.”
Kangana had told Republic TV in an interview, “I am telling you, if I have said anything, which I can’t testify, which I can’t prove, and which is not in public domain, I will return my Padma Shri.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.