Aishwarya-Abhishek yet to sign Prahlad Kakkar’s Happy Anniversary
She was last seen on the big screen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish (2010).
However, rumours of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s comeback to Bollywood, after taking a break to care for her daughter Aaradhya, never really stopped. First, she was supposed to do a special number in Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013) and there was speculation that she has been signed on for Mani Ratnam’s next. However, the project that got the maximum buzz was adman Prahlad Kakkar’s directorial debut, Happy Anniversary.
Aishwarya and Prahlad have been friends for years, and the reports doing the rounds stated that the actor would team up with her husband Abhishek Bachchan for the project. However, apparently, there has been no development on that from ever since.
Prahlad had in the past announced that Aishwarya and Abhishek will sign the dotted lines if they liked the final draft of the script. Now, the ad-man claims that there are peripheral reasons that are as important, and which need to be addressed before the film can go on the floors.
“Character actors too play an important role in the film. We are yet to cast them,” says Prahlad.
There were also reports that the makers were planning to shoot the film in South Africa, but there might some amendments to that plan as well. “We want to shoot there, but we haven’t done our recce as yet,” says Prahlad.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.