Another ‘first’ for Sunny
As a first in his long film career, Sunny Deol is finally playing the role of a Muslim in the upcoming film
that hits theatres this Friday.
Stuck in love
He plays a truck driver in love with a Hindu girl, played by Tabu. It also marks the return of director KC Bokadia to the big league after his 1999 film,
, starring Amitabh Bachchan. “Yes, this is Sunny Deol’s first role as a Muslim in any film. He plays a honest truck driver trapped in an ammunition deal,” confirms Bokadia, who feels that the condition of films has deteriorated over the past couple of years with filmmakers only interested in making profits.
The movie is an effort by the director to foster brotherhood between the country’s two major religions, Hinduism and Islam. “In our country, no one Hindu or Muslim is bad. It’s just that there certain people in the country who misguide others to further their own aims,” Bokadia says. “Neither a Hindu nor a Muslim will ever leave the country and go anywhere because of these divides. I hope Khuda Kasam will help in the cause of Hindu-Muslim brotherhood.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.