‘How will you feel if those you are ridiculing decide to end themselves?’ asks Gulshan Devaiah as he advises civility
Actor Gulshan Devaiah refused to fit into any description of ‘insider or outsider’ amid a raging debate on nepotism in the Hindi film industry. He also criticized the lack of civility in the discussion that began in the aftermath of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
On July 21, the actor called himself a grade A+++ actor as he tweeted, “I am not an outsider or an insider. I feel comfortable being me. I exist, I belong & my life has meaning. I don’t depend on anyone else to tell me all these things. This is how I want to be & I definitely don’t want anyone else to fight for me either & I am grade A+++ Smiling face with sunglasses.”
Recently, Kangana Ranaut alleged in an interview that there is a prevalent culture of nepotism in Bollywood and it resulted in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. She also called Taapsee Pannu and Swara Bhasker ‘B-grade actresses’ and ‘needy outsiders’.
Gulshan, in an oblique reference to the debate, wrote, “Being civil is honourable but it’s not entertaining and hence the crusaders choose the entertaining way.” He also asked for civility as he wrote, “How will you feel if those who you are ridiculing (not taking sides here) decide to do ‘end themselves’ due to the constant harassment? Will you feel victorious? Will it give you a sense of achievement? #onlineharresment #trolling.”
“I only have to lose here, because tomorrow they (referring to the ‘movie mafia’) will get some 20 needy outsiders like Taapsee Pannu and Swara Bhasker who will say ‘oh only Kangana has a problem with Karan Johar, but we love Karan Johar.’ If you love Karan Johar, why are you both B-grade actresses? You are better looking than Alia Bhatt and Ananya, you both are better actresses, why don’t you get work? Your existence is a proof of nepotism. What are you telling me how happy you are with this industry?” Kangana had said in the interview.
Gulshan Devaiah will next be seen in Pichchar with Viineet Kumar. He was also seen in Vidyut Jammwal’s Commando 3.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Watch little Inaaya Naumi Kemmu call a peacock for food and then get disappointed when it doesn't heed to her calls.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.