‘Jism 2 is a marketing genius’
Actor Arunoday Singh, who has been tapped to play one of the two male leads in Jism 2, says the film is a marketing genius.
Be it producer Mahesh Bhatt’s entry into the Bigg Boss house to offer the lead role to adult film star Sunny Leone orthe nude promotional pictures, ever since its announcement, the film has been grabbing eyeballs. “The film is a marketing genius. Every move by the makers is very smart and that is the reason the film was being talked about so much even before it went on floors. Now, it is up to us to pull it off,” he says.
The 28-year-old actor, who along with actor Randeep Hooda, will play Leone’s love interest in the sequel to the John-Bipasha starrer, was all praises for his female co-star. “She (Sunny) is very beautiful. I don’t judge anyone by the work the person has done in the past. She may be a porn star but Jism 2 is not a porn film. People should keep that in mind,” says the actor.
Asked if the attention showered on the leading lady bothers him, he says, “I have no problems with the fact that the focus is on Sunny. I care only about my work. I care about my role. I don’t care who they cast, how they make it, how they promote it. My job is to act.” Arunoday, who was the first one to be signed on for Madhur Bhandarkar’s ambitious film Heroine, was booted out of the film after Aishwarya Rai was replaced by Kareena Kapoor. “I don’t know what went wrong ... I guess with the change in cast they had to change the story line.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- A video of Shraddha grooving to Stree song Kamariya during her birthday celebrations in Maldives has appeared online.