Jodhaa Akbar to be screened at Marrakech International Film Festival
Ashutosh Gowariker's magnum opus Jodhaa Akbar has not only captured the hearts of audiences in India but impressed the audiences globally and is still winning accolades internationally. Jodhaa Akbar has been selected to be screened at the Marrakech International Film Festival on Wednesday, December 5, evening on the Jemaa El Fna Square where approximately 50,000 people are expected to see it.
"I am extremely happy and would really like to thank the Marrakech International Film Festival for selecting Jodhaa Akbar. This is an honour for me to showcase my film along with the greatest stars and filmmakers presenting their films at the festival," said an elated Ashutosh Gowariker.
Produced by Ashutosh Gowariker Productions and UTV and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, Jodhaa Akbar is a sixteenth century love story about a marriage of alliance that gave birth to true love between a great Mughal emperor Akbar and a Rajput princess Jodhaa.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.