Kangana Ranaut shares video message for Sanjay Raut: ‘Your men tell me they will break my jaw, kill me. I’ll see you on 9th’
Kangana Ranaut has shared a new video message aimed at Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut, who called her ‘haramkhor’ for disrespecting Maharashtra, and demanded that she apologise to the state. In her video, Kangana said that Sanjay has empowered wife beaters, sexual harassers and misogynists with his words.
Kangana began the video by saying how women have to battle abuse and harassment every hour. “Sanjay Raut ji, you said that I am a haramkhor girl. You are an elected representative and so you must know how many women each day, each hour are faced with rape, abuse, are tortured and killed and are harassed at work. And you know who is responsible for it? It’s this ideology that you have displayed in front of the society and the country. The daughters of this country will not forgive you. You have empowered all those who harass women,” she said.
WATCH | ‘When Aamir Khan said...’: Kangana Ranaut responds to Sena’s Sanjay Raut
Kangana had said that she felt unsafe in Mumbai after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The Shiv Sena leader had reacted strongly in the party mouthpiece Saamna, “We kindly request her not to come to Mumbai. This is nothing but an insult to Mumbai Police. The Home Ministry should take action over it”.
Kangana said the Rajya Sabha member had threatened her and asked her not to return to Mumbai. She had compared Mumbai to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, and said she feared for her safety with Mumbai Police in charge. Sanjay Raut and other ministers had then told her to leave the city.
Kangana addressed it in her video and that she has the right to speak her mind. “No one called Aamir Khan haramkhor when he said he feels scared about living in this country, or even where Naseeruddin Shah said it. You can watch any of my old videos, I wouldn’t tire praising the Mumbai Police,” she said and added that police’s recent acts have made her lose faith in them. “If after all this I condemn their actions, it’s my freedom of expression. I also condemn you Sanjay ji. You are not Maharashta,” she said.
“Sanjay ji I am coming back on 9 September and your people are telling me that they will break my jaw, kill me. Sure, kill me because this land has been irrigated with the blood of so many who sacrificed themselves for the glory of this country. I will give my life too because even I have to pay that debt. I’ll see you on September 9. Jai Hind Jai Maharashtra,” she ended her video.
Meanwhile, Sanjay has said that would consider apologising to Kangana only if she says sorry to Maharashtra. “Anybody who lives and works here and speaks ill of Mumbai, Maharashtra and Marathi people, I would say apologise first”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.