Kapil Sharma to make B-town debut with Yash Raj Films' Bank-Chor
After inviting actors like SRK and Salman Khan to his TV show, stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma is all set to make his own debut as an actor with thriller-comedy Bank-Chor.
Kapil has signed a three-film contract and talent management deal with Yash Raj Films. Y-Films, the youth branch of the studio previously made the sleeper hit of last year
"It's a privilege and a dream to be part of the YRF family and have my launch with their Youth Films Studio, Y-Films. The script is the most exciting part since it's the kind of role that's very unlike the stereotype of a comedian or what people could typecast me as,"
said in a statement.
The comedian said he has already started working on the nuances of his character which would see him in a different avatar. "I've always loved and watched thrillers and this is a thriller comedy so even better. I've done serious theatre for years before comedy. Finally with YRF's vision, I'll get to do this again after a 12-year break and this script has equal scope of comedy,"
Bank-Chor is a comic-caper that tells the story of three morons trying to rob a bank who pick the worst day possible when everything that can go wrong, goes wrong and how they're inadvertently caught in the crossfire of cops, industrialists and corrupt netas.
Bank-Chor will be directed by Bumpy and produced by Ashish Patil and goes on the floors in April this year.
"Kapil is one of the most exciting names in entertainment right now. He opens up a whole new space of films, brands and more for us. And audiences are going to get to see a whole new side of him in Bank-Chor. We're thrilled to welcome him into the YRF jungle!," said Patil, who is Business and Creative Head, Youth Films at Yash Raj Films.
Kapil currently hosts and produces popular TV show
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.