Madhya Pradesh cop copies Ajay Devgn’s Phool Aur Kaante stunt, gets fined Rs 5000, watch
Actor Ajay Devgn’s famous stunt from his 1991 film Phool Aur Kaante is still a hot favourite after so many years. A cop in Madhya Pradesh, however, found himself in trouble after a video of him copying the stunt went viral.
In the video, the cop named Manoj Yadav, in charge of Narsinghgarh police station in Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh, can be seen doing the stunt. He balances himself on two slowly moving cars, with one foot on each of the roof of the two cars. The video has a title track of Rohit Shetty film, Singham, playing in the background. The scene features in Phool Aur Kaante, where Ajay does the same but with to bikes. The actor again did the same stunt with two cars in Golmaal Returns. Manoj Yadav’s look is also reminiscent of Ajay’s other hit film, Singham, where the actor played a tough cop.
The act got sharp response - Manoj was fined Rs 5,000 and warned against any such daredevilry in the future, police sources said on Monday. When the video of the stunt went viral on social media, senior police officials took a serious note of it as it will send wrong signals to the youngsters, they said.
Inspector General of Sagar range, Anil Sharma directed Damoh Superintendent of Police Hemant Chauhan to probe the matter. After investigation, the SP imposed the fine on the sub-inspector and warned him not to repeat such mistakes.
Ajay Devgn made his debut with Phool Aur Kaante, for which he also won Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Ajay is a fitness freak and is among the most fit actors in Bollywood.
(With PTI inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.