Masaba Gupta reveals mom Neena thought she ‘died’ on Christmas. Here is why
Fashion designer-actor Masaba Gupta was filled with Christmas spirit and started her day early, causing her mother, veteran actor Neena Gupta, to panic. In fact, Neena was so shocked by Masaba’s uncharacteristic behaviour, that she thought that Masaba had ‘died’.
Masaba took to Instagram stories to share a picture of Neena sitting in bed with her phone and quipped, “Good morning from Neenaji who told me she was going to come check on me cos she thought I had died because I woke up at 9.30 am (which has never happened before). It’s Christmas?”
Masaba joined Neena in Mukteshwar for Christmas. She has been sharing glimpses from the celebrations on Instagram. She posted a bunch of pictures with her family and said that she missed Satyadeep Misra, her rumoured boyfriend. “Just the best Christmas ever with my family. Missed you @instasattu,” she wrote.
Masaba also shared a picture of their Christmas tree, with the mountains in the backdrop. “A crisp,clear morning & we can finally see the White Mountains,” she wrote.
Earlier this year, Masaba made her acting debut with the semi-autobiographical Netflix series Masaba Masaba. She and Neena played fictional versions of themselves in the show, which has reportedly been renewed for a second season.
Neena was impressed by Masaba’s natural performance and revealed in an interview earlier this year that she apologised to her for dissuading her from pursuing acting as a career. Neena also said that she was doubtful about how Masaba would be in front of the camera.
“I was sceptical about how we would play ourselves on screen. Masaba had never acted before, so I wondered if she could pull it off. During script readings, Masaba would go too fast. I had to tell her to pause and understand every nuance. [But once the cameras rolled], I did not interfere in any scene,” she told Mid-Day.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.