Modi's biopic to feature Victor Banerjee
A film inspired by the life of BJP leader Narendra Modi will now see actor Victor Banerjee essay the role of the politician.
Initially, reports had suggested that
had been confirmed for the part — the actor even contested for the BJP from Gujarat — but director Rupesh Paul claims otherwise.
"Paresh is definitely one of the best actors in India. The producers did announce his name for the film. But Victor has been on my mind ever since I was writing the story," says Rupesh.
Previously, it was reported that Paresh, who apparently knows Modi on a personal level, was best suited for the part. However, now it turns out that the actor had never signed on the dotted line.
Meanwhile, Rupesh feels that having Victor on board is a huge advantage for the film. "For me, Victor is my NaMo. He is the only Indian actor who has worked with masters like Roman Polanski, David Lean and Jerry London. He was even nominated for the BAFTA Awards. His international profile will help me penetrate the foreign market. Above all, he is a brilliant actor," adds the director.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.