PM Modi quotes Uri as he asks ‘How’s the Josh’, Aamir Khan and Karan Johar reply ‘High sir’. Watch video
“How’s the Josh?” Prime Minister Narendra Modi quoted Uri: The Surgical Strike as he addressed a gathering of Hindi film actors, directors and other influencers after the inauguration of National Museum of Indian Cinema on Saturday in Mumbai. The audience – including actors Aamir Khan and Kangana Ranaut, directors Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty and Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairman Prasoon Joshi – shouted back amid applause, “High sir”.
The Prime Minister talked about the Indian film fraternity and their invaluable contribution towards building a new and better India at the event. Other than PM Modi, Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore, Maharashtra Governor CV Rao and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis also attended the event.
Talking to ANI, actor Aamir Khan said: “It was really wonderful to hear honourable Prime Minister; he spoke in such a positive way about the industry. His expectation, his vision, and his thoughts about the creative field and people involved in this were good. It’s really encouraging to hear that.”
Director and producer Karan Johar said that the Prime Minister suggested the fraternity to organise a “Global Film Summit” on the lines of “World Economic Summit” at Davos. He said: “His speech was exceptionally inspiring. It was full of hope for Indian film fraternity. The fact is that he addressed the impact of Indian cinema and how it travels. He even said that we should create a platform like Davos in India itself that is a one-stop shop for business, entertainment and everything. He was laced with a great sense of humour.”
Joshi said: “I am happy to see that the museum was inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi. Children and youth will be attracted by this museum as they will get to learn a lot about the creative industry.”
A R Rahman, Parineeti Chopra, Divya Dutta, and many other film personalities were also present at the event.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Neena Gupta shared a picture with husband Vivek Mehra on completing 20 years of togetherness. He is a chartered accountant and had met Neena on a flight.
- Cricketer Hardik Pandya has shared a few lovely pictures with partner Natasa Stankovic on her birthday. He has also thanked her for giving him the most precious gift - their son Agastya.
- Gauri Khan, Seema Khan, Maheep Kapoor joined Karan Johar, Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora at Manish Malhotra's residence on Wednesday evening.
- Yami Gautam opens up about being asked to dress her age and aim at looking younger, just before the release of Vicky Donor.
- Swara Bhasker praises Taapsee Pannu for being an 'amazing girl with courage and conviction', adding that she should stand as a 'strong warrior'.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.