Ranveer Singh was inspired by Dev Anand for Lootera
After playing the typical boy-next-door in most of his previous films, Ranveer Singh is all set to show a different side to him in his next, Lootera, opposite Sonakshi Sinha. The actor, who played the bubbly Bittoo in his debut film Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and then the hunk in Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011), will now be seen in an intense, romantic role in director Vikramaditya Motwane’s period film.
What’s more, we’re told that the actor was asked to attend special acting workshops to master the art of emoting solely with his eyes. A source close to the production reveals, “When Ranveer was signed for Lootera, there were a few changes that he needed to employ in his acting. Being a period film, the movie demanded Ranveer to emote with his eyes. And being a director’s actor, he took up the challenge by attending workshops and watching Dev Anand's movies.”
Considering Dev Anand was always known in his times for his expressive eyes, the director felt that making Ranveer watch movies such as Guide (1965), Jewel Thief (1967) and Heera Panna (1973), would be of great help. The source adds, “Ranveer prepared for a long time and when he finally began shooting, the director was really happy with his work.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.