Richa Chadha, Ali Fazal move in together into a sea-facing apartment: ‘We will live here for a few years now’
Actors Richa Chadha and Ali Fazal have moved in together after months of house-hunting, planning to stay put for a few years now in their new abode. The two were supposed to tie the knot in April this year but the wedding had to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic with the new date yet to be finalised.
Richa said in a new interview that she is happy with her new home, which is quiet and has a beautiful sea view. Away from the hubbub of Bandra and Andheri in Mumbai, it saves them from the constant review of paparazzi too.
“The lease on my previous apartment had expired in March but the lockdown postponed the shift,” Richa told Mumbai Mirror, adding that they didn’t want to buy a house in a depressed market and are planning to live at the same house for a few years.
Richa called Ali a fun housemate, “He is fun, and unlike most boys, likes to help around. He chose the curtains without fuss; luckily, our aesthetics match for the most part. It’s good to finally be able to take decisions together, right from what soap to buy to which maid to hire. Ali is a better cook, specially when it comes to continental cuisine. When we went grocery shopping, his bag was bigger than mine. I enjoy organic farming and here we have a space to grow a kitchen garden of our own, which he is helping me with.”
She, however, added that not everyone is happy with the move. Her two pet cats are still getting used to being around Ali. “Also, Ali is not used to pets and one of them is scared of him. Even he is adjusting to them,” she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.