Rishi Kapoor returns from New York with Neetu Singh after cancer treatment, spotted in new look at Mumbai airport. See pics
Rishi Kapoor and wife Neetu Singh have finally returned home after spending almost a year in the US for his cancer treatment. The two were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Tuesday morning.
While Rishi looked hale and hearty in a dark shirt and trousers, sporting a grey beard, Neetu looked also looked happy to be back home in black shirt and denims. They waved to the paparazzi who greeted them with cheers. Soon after, Rishi wrote on Twitter, “BACK HOME!!!!!! 11 Months 11 days! Thank you all!”
Several fans also welcomed them home on Twitter. Replying to Rishi’s tweet, singer Adnan Sami wrote, “Welcome back!! Thrilled!!” A fan wrote, “Sir, Thats really a great news!! Welcome back Sir!! The Nation will be the happiest today!!!” Another wrote, “What better occasion to be back, when Bappa is here..”
Chalking out future plans for the actor, one excited fan wrote, “Welcome and go straight to @ashabhosle home for dinner...for the next 11 months and 11days...you should start visiting a different person (friend, fan, stranger’s) home for dinner...set a new world record and post pic the next day.we missed you. take care and enjoy.”
Rishi had recently wished veteran singer Asha Bhosle on her birthday to which she had replied, “You wished me over the phone last year when you were getting your hair & makeup done for a movie. We spoke about you coming home for a meal. Since then you’ve been in USA & I’ve been thinking when will you be back. Take care of yourself.” He promised to visit her in his reply, “Will come over now! Sorry!”
A day before, actor Anupam Kher had bid them goodbye from New York and wished them a safe trip. He had dined with the actor couple on Rishi’s birthday on September 4. Anupam, who is currently stationed in the US for his work assignments wrote on Twitter, “Dearest #NeetuKapoor and @chintskap!! Here is wishing you a safe trip back to India after being in New York for almost a year. I have mixed feelings. I am happy & sad at the same time. I am going to miss you terribly. We had a great time together. Thank you. Love & prayers.”
Rishi had earlier told Mid-Day about returning to India for the Ganpati celebrations. Meanwhile, his son Ranbir Kapoor and girlfriend Alia Bhatt, who paid them regular visits in the US, are vacationing together in Kenya. Pictures from the vacation show them enjoying a jungle safari. A lot of Bollywood celebrities, friends and family had also visited the couple during their stay in New York.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from one of her old photoshoots which had her running barefoot in between two fields.