Shabana Azmi shares a throwback with Deepti Naval from 1980 film Hum Paanch
Actor Shabana Azmi on Tuesday shared a throwback with fellow actor Deepti Naval from 1980. The picture is from the time when the two talented actors were working on a film called Hum Paanch.
Sharing the picture, Shabana wrote: “With #Deepti Naval In Melkote on location for #Boney Kapoor’s HUM PAANCH.” The received a lot of love from their younger industry colleagues like Tisca Chopra, Aditi Rao Hydari, Divya Dutta, Rasika Dugal and Dia Mirza, while compatriot Neena Gupta wrote: “Omg cant believe.” The picture shows really young Shabana and Deepti, standing one behind the other, sporting a similar combination of black trousers and T-shirts. Both have even done their hair in a similar fashion - in two plaits and have similar footwear.
Their fans also wrote in to say nice things about them; one said “two lovely looking girls” while another said “those were the days”. A third person said: “One of the fav pair You both look sisters from different mothers.”
Hum Paanch was a 1980 film, directed by South Indian director Bapu and produced by Boney. It also starred Mithun Chakraborty, Raj Babbar, Naseeruddin Shah and Gulshan Grover.
Shabana has produced Mee Raqsam, which released on Zee5. Marking the directorial debut of her brother, formerly a cinematographer, Mee Raqsam is not only a tribute to her father, Urdu poet Kaifi Azmi, it is also the story about a brave, progressive father who fights social bigotry for his daughter’s happiness.
Writing about it, the Hindustan Times review said: “Mee Raqsam is produced by actor Shabana Azmi, directed by her brother Baba Azmi and is a tribute to their late father Kaifi Azmi. Shabana once said that her father told her he would support her if she wanted to be an actress. With Mee Raqsam, Kaifi’s children are telling the story of a father much like him—one who puts his child’s dreams and happiness above all else, even if it takes away all he has.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.