Shilpa Shetty trolled for fishing in Maldives. She explains her actions
Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty Kundra was criticised on Instagram for going fishing during her vacation with son Viaan and husband Raj Kundra in Maldives. She had shared a video where she was seen catching a fish and later releasing it.
Sharing images from her picturesque holiday, Shilpa wrote, “Kundra’s in Kanuhura Thankyou @isleschictravel for suggesting this. #familytime @kanuhuramaldives #kanuhuramaldives #Timelessmemories #maldives”. Shilpa and her son also tried their hands at fishing. “Realised “Fishing” ain’t that easy... not my thing at least !!This beauty got caught in our hook( not the kind to eat) so we released it. But my son caught the most whilst @rajkundra9 says he already has the best “catch” #deepseafishing #kanuhura #memories #fishingexpedition #instagood #maldives #releasedthefish,” Shilpa captioned the video.
Shilpa was trolled for the fishing video with some Instagram users criticising her for “cruelty” and “hypocrisy”. One of the users wrote, “The fish is pierced through its neck with that sharp hook and traumatised already and who knows whether it survived or not with that wound and pain. It’s okay if you are a non-vegetarian but being associated with PETA and still hurting any animal with any intent is not justifiable at all #hypocrisy.”
While one user wrote, “Feeling sad for fish...She is just playing and hurting fish,” another user slammed Shilpa for what she did to a living being and wrote, “Very bad, because fish hv a life, I think shouldnt be done like this.”
Another user wrote, “This is really cruel... I mean why torture the fish for nothing... If she wanted to eat it then it was okay, but she didn’t... She was just enjoying... unacceptable.”
Shilpa then responded to the trolls and wrote, “Dear Instafam,just want you guys to know that I’m a “non-vegetarian”, I’ve made no bones abt it. But despite me being one, this fish isn’t the kind one eats so I released it....Yes I did...And NO this one DID NOT DIE.”
In another video, Shilpa also shared how she enjoyed banana fritters in Maldives.
Shilpa Shetty campaigned for PETA in 2006 against the use of wild animals in circuses.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.