Taapsee Pannu to play ace Indian cricketer Mithali Raj: report
Actor Taapsee Pannu, who was seen in Badla and Game Over earlier this year, will be seen in a sports drama on cricketer Mithali Raj. According to a report in Mumbai Mirror, the actor is all set to play the ace Indian cricketer.
According to a source the project was announced back in September 2017. The report further said that while Taapsee and the filmmakers have agreed to do the film verbally, she is yet to sign the dotted line. Quoting a source, the report said: “The formalities will be done once the studio has a director on board. They have also locked the story but the script is still being developed.”
For Taapsee though, playing a sportsperson is not new. In Shaad Ali’s Soorma, she played a hockey player while in her upcoming film Saandh Ki Aankh, she will be seen playing a sharpshooter along with Bhumi Pednekar.
Taapsee has many interesting films in her kitty — she will be seen in Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan starrer Mission Mangal, Anurag Kashyap’s Saandh Ki Aankh and will also feature in Prakash Raj’s directorial Tadka. Her film, Game Over released recently. The actor, who has previously worked with Article 15's director Anubhav Sinha in Mulk, might work with him again.
In one of her latest Instagram posts, she wrote: “Been a proud part of one, yesterday saw the second one and now kick-starting the third one.” Taapsee is known for doing intense roles. Talking about them, she recently said that such roles took a toll on her mind and change her mental fabric a little bit.
“I really had to psyche myself out to understand the character who has gone through a dark incident and how her body and mind reacts after one year. She is traumatised. It was quite exhausting emotionally and playing such roles surely takes a toll on me,” she was quoted in IANS.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.