Tiger Shroff on how Boom’s failure affected his family: ‘Our furniture was sold off one by one, had to sleep on floor’
Tiger Shroff has revealed in a new interview how his family was affected by the failure of his mother Ayesha Shroff’s production Boom and his father Jackie Shroff’s erratic financial decisions. According to a report in Mid-Day, the actor talked to GQ magazine about the failure of Boom and the havoc it wrecked on him and his family.
Boom, a 2003 film starring Amitabh Bachchan and marking the debut of Katrina Kaif, was produced by Tiger’s mother Ayesha. The film was leaked before it could hit theatres and turned out to be a big flop. Tiger was 11 at the time but realised what was happening to his family’s financial condition.
“I remember how our furniture was sold off, one by one. Things I’d grown up seeing around us started disappearing. Then my bed went. I started to sleep on the floor. It was the worst feeling of my life,” he said to the magazine.
Also Watch | Tiger Shroff launches Kia Motors’ Seltos in Mumbai, calls the SUV ‘badass’
The experiment his parents did with Boom cost them heavily. Therefore, Tiger finds it difficult to walk out of the mould that has been set for him with movies like Baaghi.
“You think of Shah Rukh sir (and) think ‘Romance King’. You (look at) Salman Khan, (and) think ‘Bhaijaan’. Each one of these guys has a label. That’s important in an industry that has so much competition. Every time I do something offbeat, (the audience has) not been as kind, to me. A Flying Jatt or Student Of The Year 2. In A Flying Jatt, I was a bumbling superhero, afraid of heights, fights and of using powers. In SOTY 2, I was a college guy getting bullied. It didn’t go down well with my audience. I don’t think they could digest me coming from Baaghi 2 to being beaten up by college students,” he said about his roles.
Tiger made his film debut with Heropanti in 2014 opposite Kriti Sanon. Since then, he has worked in two hit Baaghi movies with Shraddha Kapoor and Disha Patani. In Student of the Year, he starred opposite newcomers Ananya Panday and Tara Sutaria.
He will now be seen with Hrithik Roshan in action film War. The film wrapped up last week and will release on October 2 this year.
The film, which is touted as the biggest action entertainer of the year, will see both the actors pitted against each other in a massive showdown. It is produced by Yash Raj Films, also stars Vaani Kapoor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.