Troll calls Taapsee Pannu ‘faltu heroine who doesn’t know acting’, actor’s savage reply wins the internet
Taapsee Pannu has shared her replies to a troll on Instagram, explaining why it is important to reply to haters so that other women don’t have to face the same abuse. Tapsee took on a man who called her a ‘faltu heroine who doesn’t know acting’.
She shared the screenshot of the conversation where the troll said, “Tujhe acting to aati nahi utha utha ke movie karti hai.” Replying to him in the same vein, Taapsee wrote, “Exactly kya utha utha ke? Kyunki uthaya toh hai maine, standard but aapko shayad nahi samajh aaye (I have lifted the standards but you probably won’t get it).”
As the man kept on attacking her, Taapsee again replied, “O hooooo. Very persistent you are. 4-5 baar aur likho please toh shayad maan jau.” She also shared a video on her Instagram Stories, remaking sarcastically, “Ignore all the abuse you get so that other girls can deal with it.”
The actor’s last release was the critically acclaimed Thappad, directed by Anubhav Sinha. She has a slate of films in the pipeline including Shabash Mithu, Haseen Dillruba, Looop Lapeta and Rashmi Rocket.
The actor recently finished the shoot of Rashmi Rocket in which she is playing an athlete. Her post teasing her new physique read, “The boot camp like schedule 1 gets done , now running towards the lola family. Going to have a very chill cool stopover with the looopers. The best unwinding I could’ve asked for ! This is going to be ‘crazy’ fun. #RashmiRocket to #LooopLapeta.”
Atul Kasbekar, one of the producers of her next film Looop Lapeta, said: “Whoa! Those quads! And btw it’s really noble of the ‘Rashmi’ producers to prep you for all the running you’ll do for us!”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.