Urvashi Rautela appalled by video claiming Boney Kapoor touched her inappropriately, calls him ‘a true gentleman’
Actor Urvashi Rautela had slammed a report that claimed producer Boney Kapoor was seen touching her inappropriately at an event. The actor shared a screenshot of the video and commented on the news piece, “Presumably one of the India’s ‘SUPREME’ newspaper and this is ‘NEWS’!!?? Please dont talk about GIRL POWER or WOMEN’S LIBERATION when YOU don’t know how to RESPECT/HONOUR GIRLS.”
She shared a longer statement on Tuesday on Twitter. “I felt appalled and beyond shocked this morning when i saw social media flooded with trolls of me in a video with respected BoneyKapoor Sir. He is a true Gentleman and it makes me feel extremely unhappy and miserable because the social sites/ media don’t even think twice before putting up things or destroying anyone’s reputation. I request all to stop trolling. I honestly respect @BoneyKaloor Sir and stand by him and his dignity. #Nototrolls,” she wrote in her tweet.
Urvashi and Boney had met at Jayantilal Gada’s son Aksshay Gada’s wedding a few days ago and had posed together for the paparazzi.
The report claimed Boney appeared to be touching Urvashi inappropriately in public, who then asked him to keep his hands off her.
Urvashi was crowned Miss Diva 2015 and represented India at the Miss Universe pageant in the same year. After making her Bollywood debut with Sunny Deol’s Singh Saab The Great, she went on to feature in a few Hindi films including Sanam Re and Great Grand Masti. The actor is more popular for her special dance numbers such as Daddy Mummy in Bhaag Johnny and Haseeno Ka Deewana in Kaabil. She was last seen as the female lead in 2018 film, Hate Story 4.
She is currently working on Anees Bazmee’s Pagalpanti which also stars Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Ileana D’Cruz, Kriti Kharbanda and Pulkit Samrat in prominent roles.
Meanwhile, Boney Kapoor continues to hold fort on the personal front after the death of wife and superstar Sridevi last year. He has just acquired the rights of 2018 film Badhaai Ho under his production house Bayview, and plans to remake it in four languages including Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. He is also making the remake of Pink in Tamil starring Ajith Kumar, Shraddha Srinath and Vidya Balan.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.