India’s forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
The country’s foreign exchange reserves and import cover of more than a year would be sufficient in managing the temporary effects of Brexit, a Reserve Bank official said on Saturday.
“India’s forex reserves of more than USD 360 billion and import cover of more than a year would be adequate in managing the temporary effects of the recent Brexit, if at all there is an impact,” RBI Regional Director, Thiruvananthapuram, S M N Swamy, said here.
He was speaking after inaugurating a day long seminar on ‘Role of private remittances in the socio-economic scenario of Kerala’ at the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-K).
Swamy also spoke on the importance of remittances in reducing India’s reliance on foreign aid, building the country’s Forex reserves as well as meeting the current account deficit, an IIM-K release said.
Chairperson of Technology Business Incubator of IIM-K Prof Keyoor Purani stressed on the importance of channelising remittances into entrepreneurial ventures so that Kerala can transform itself from a consumption to a production economy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Despite decades of strong economic growth, the country’s spending on health care is barely 1% of GDP, way below Brics peer nations, resulting in serious supply-side deficits of facilities and professionals.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management has started talks with potential merchant bankers for the IPO, which is likely to be launched in the June quarter, said the people cited above.
- The Bengaluru-based firm plans to start production as early as in June. That’s audacious, given that the land—260 acres for the plant and 240 acres for two supplier parks—is still in excavation mode.
- The term sheet executed between the two parties in 2015, promised ZO Rooms’ shareholders 7% of Oyo.
- Bharat Forge Ltd and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd may also submit expressions of interest for the government’s stake in BEML, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- The survey captures the mood of the industry for the two quarters ending June 30, 2021.
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.