Indane composite cylinders allow you to check gas level: See other details here
- The second layer is a composite layer of polymer-wrapped fibreglass and the third and last layer to the LPG composite cylinder is an HDPE outer jacket.
The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has rolled out new smart Liquefied Petroleum Gases (LPG) cylinders, Indane Composite Cylinders, which will allow customers to plan their next refill easily. This smart cylinder will also let customers how much gas is left and how much has been spent.
This cylinder has a three-layered construction and is made up of a blow-moulded High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) inner liner, covered with a composite layer of polymer-wrapped fibreglass and fitted with an HDPE outer jacket. The second layer is a composite layer of polymer-wrapped fibreglass and the third and last layer to the LPG composite cylinder is an HDPE outer jacket.
At present, these smart cylinders are available at select distributors in New Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Faridabad and Ludhiana in 5 kg and 10 kg sizes. The IOCL has announced that these cylinders will soon be available across the nation.
Check the key features of this cylinder:
1. These cylinders are lightweight. The weight of a composite cylinder is half of its steel counterpart.
2. These cylinders have a translucent body that helps customers accurately check the LPG level against the light. This will help customers plan their next refill easily.
3. These cylinders are rust-free and do not corrode and reduce the chances of leaving stains and marks on surfaces.
4. These cylinders are designed in such a way that they make them visually appealing and ideal for modern kitchens.
5. One can replace the existing LPG steel cylinders with composite cylinders.
6. One needs to pay a security deposit for these cylinders and the amount in the non-subsidised category is ₹3350 for the 10kg variant and ₹2150 for the 5kg variant.